Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brands AND Carlo are agreed on him then that's fine by me.
Yes because Brands has a track record of signing good players from other PL sides while being at Everton. I heard Ancellotti recently said he's not involved with player recruitment so perhaps this is all on Brands. If so, I'm worried because it's true to say, PEH is very slow.

Yes because Brands has a track record of signing good players from other PL sides while being at Everton. I heard Ancellotti recently said he's not involved with player recruitment so perhaps this is all on Brands. If so, I'm worried because it's true to say, PEH is very slow.

Carlo said he was very involved in transfers.

He said he and Brands are working together very closely.

He may not sign at all for anyone and go on a free next year, Jeff Hendricks at Burnley is now on a free and in talks with AC Milan, which could be an amazing move for him, which he would never have got if he wasnt a free transfer. I could see Hojbjerg doing the same

That's what I meant with my first line, he doesn't have to leave
"And with with one year left on he's contract he will get more money out of it, have better options than Spurs and Everton etc etc."
If the player refuses to sign for X club, they will either end up taking less from Y club or get nothing at all.

That's what I meant with my first line, he doesn't have to leave
"And with with one year left on he's contract he will get more money out of it, have better options than Spurs and Everton etc etc."
If the player refuses to sign for X club, they will either end up taking less from Y club or get nothing at all.

You will see this quite a lot this window. Come September I think you'll be seeing almost panic from selling clubs trying to shove players out the door, potentially on loans just to recoup wages, for often players youd be quite surprised about as well.

I don't believe Everton will go beyond this 2nd offer. There may not even be a 2nd offer (we saw a lot of this with Zaha and it turned out itn was all untrue, and we bid only once). Invariably Brands has the price he's willing to pay, and just sticks to it, and once the price is agreed he then tries to knock more off in terms of the payment structure. Time will favour the buyers.

As for fthe dynamic with Hojberg, he seems to prefer Spurs to Everton, which to be honest I completely understand. It's been a tough season for Spurs, but you will be in Europe next season and have just been in a CL final, and in all honesty are an established European team, where we are not. I do think there are some medium term challenges with Spurs and think you could be teetering a little what with Covid 19, but how much notice footballers pay to that I'm not sure.

The question really is, how much ahead of Everton does he rank Spurs? Levy could quite easily let him sit it out and wait. To what extent does he want to risk a year at Southampton, not playing much, when he is at right back, probably depreicating his value to suitors new? The Hendrikx example is good, but he played quite regularly, whereas Hojberg may not.

If he prefers Spurs but ultimately is happy with the package Everton offer then he may end up caving in and making the move to us. If not, he will stick it out, we will drop out and Spurs/Southampton have a tough negotiation.

You will see this quite a lot this window. Come September I think you'll be seeing almost panic from selling clubs trying to shove players out the door, potentially on loans just to recoup wages, for often players youd be quite surprised about as well.

I don't believe Everton will go beyond this 2nd offer. There may not even be a 2nd offer (we saw a lot of this with Zaha and it turned out itn was all untrue, and we bid only once). Invariably Brands has the price he's willing to pay, and just sticks to it, and once the price is agreed he then tries to knock more off in terms of the payment structure. Time will favour the buyers.

As for fthe dynamic with Hojberg, he seems to prefer Spurs to Everton, which to be honest I completely understand. It's been a tough season for Spurs, but you will be in Europe next season and have just been in a CL final, and in all honesty are an established European team, where we are not. I do think there are some medium term challenges with Spurs and think you could be teetering a little what with Covid 19, but how much notice footballers pay to that I'm not sure.

The question really is, how much ahead of Everton does he rank Spurs? Levy could quite easily let him sit it out and wait. To what extent does he want to risk a year at Southampton, not playing much, when he is at right back, probably depreicating his value to suitors new? The Hendrikx example is good, but he played quite regularly, whereas Hojberg may not.

If he prefers Spurs but ultimately is happy with the package Everton offer then he may end up caving in and making the move to us. If not, he will stick it out, we will drop out and Spurs/Southampton have a tough negotiation.

Good post and a lot of that may be true.
Thing is, now that every player has an agent, this is the way for any team to
“Talk to any player.”
None of us know what goes on with these often shady/cloak and dagger deals, but Spurs/any team could say to a players agent,
“Southampton want £20 million but if you hold out and we end up saving £5 million on the transfer fee, there is an extra million in it for you when you sign.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back