Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our transfers are always that dragged out you have no excitement when they actually happen.

Take Gabriel - I heard he had agreed terms far back as Feb/March yet we are still negotiating near end of July lol

Would you have said the same when we signed Gueye ?
Gueye had 1 season with Aston Villa. They got relegated and he had a very low buy out clause. The risk factor was very low.

in that 1 season he played 35 prem games and had the following stats: -

53 passes per match

144 tackles

75% tackle success rate

141 interceptions

344 recoveries

295 duels won

in comparison

Hojbjerg has had 4 full seasons in the prem already

this season his stats are: -

55 passes per match

80 tackles

61% tackle success rate

46 interceptions

326 recoveries

210 duels won

we are paying 25 mil for a much inferior player to gueye

if we were paying 5 mil then that is fine

would much rather spend 25 big ones or contribute 25 big ones on a much better player like Allan

In miles maybe, but not really in travel time. I reckon you could probably get the train from Lime Street to London as quick as you can get from Southampton to central London by either car or train.

That's assuming he lives in Southampton. Plenty of players live outside the area they play in.

I don't know his personal circumstances but if he's settled down there or has a young family or partner with close relatives / commitments down that part of the world then the Spurs move makes more sense.

Or he might just really like London or maybe thinks Spurs have a better crack at getting back into the CL as opposed to the revolving door circus that is Everton of the last few seasons.

Gueye had 1 season with Aston Villa. They got relegated and he had a very low buy out clause. The risk factor was very low.

in that 1 season he played 35 prem games and had the following stats: -

53 passes per match

144 tackles

75% tackle success rate

141 interceptions

344 recoveries

295 duels won

in comparison

Hojbjerg has had 4 full seasons in the prem already

this season his stats are: -

55 passes per match

80 tackles

61% tackle success rate

46 interceptions

326 recoveries

210 duels won

we are paying 25 mil for a much inferior player to gueye

if we were paying 5 mil then that is fine

would much rather spend 25 big ones or contribute 25 big ones on a much better player like Allan
also his interception stats are atrocious

we already have two passengers in central midfield who barely intercept a thing, hojbjerg is not the type of player we need right now who is going to solve that issue for us

That's assuming he lives in Southampton. Plenty of players live outside the area they play in.

I don't know his personal circumstances but if he's settled down there or has a young family or partner with close relatives / commitments down that part of the world then the Spurs move makes more sense.

Or he might just really like London or maybe thinks Spurs have a better crack at getting back into the CL as opposed to the revolving door circus that is Everton of the last few seasons.
I was responding to a post about him 'staying' in London. He won't live in London now I don't think, it'd be a 4 hour round trip to training every day. If he lives in London now he could live in London and play for us, it'd be a minimal difference. That will have absolutely nothing to do with it though. He'll want to go to Spurs because they've finished above us in 9 of the last 10 seasons, and play regularly in the Champions League, including getting to the final last season. In all seriousness, the only reason for a Danish footballer to want to move to us over Spurs would be for the money. For purely footballing reasons it's a no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back