Player Contracts (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will go fairly big on new players again this summer, i can see 4 or 5 new high level young lads joining and a huge amount of players leaving.

So you dont want Brands to rebuild the squad.
Of course I do
But I trust him to do it in a slow reasonable and sustainable fashion
Having an untested 21 yr old as back up to our left full is not reasonable as last season showed.
If Baines is not retained than a proven LB will need to be brought in unless Brands / Silva believe Connolly/ Robinson are up to the job , which in my mind they aren’t yet

It's actually staggering how much we're paying players who are contributing either nothing, or very little. Wages aren't going to be 100% spot on, but I've looked at 5 different sites and gone with the likely wage for each of this lot.

Stekelenburg - 25k
Williams - 75k
Jagielka - 50k
Baines - 70k
Martina - 30k
Schneiderlin - 120k
Besic - 25k
McCarthy - 50k
Bolasie - 80k
Mirallas - 70k
Walcott - 110k
Sandro - 120k
Tosun - 67k
Niasse - 55k

Realistically, we wouldn't miss a single one of them, and we'd save £947,000 PER WEEK. Add in a few of the youngsters I've ignored and we'd be saving a million pounds per week, whilst still having a squad of 15 players. Now obviously we'd need 5-7 replacements but that amount of guff is just unreal. Marco and Marcel need time to turn this sinking ship around.
You have missed a few off that list as well

Keep thinking the business this summer will be way more indicative of what to expect next season rather than who the manager will be.

If we are stuck paying full/part wages for Niasse, Sandro, Cuco, Bolasie, Schneiderlin next season again then I think they will have to move on some saleable assets to free up money/space.....maybe Gana... Siggurdsson...Pickford. I dunno. It's difficult to see a buyer for that rubbish above.

The more I think of it, the more I reckon Brands will be absolutely sweating over clearing out about 10 players before he can actually get to the buying part.

I can't see us paying up contracts to get rid so how do we get those 5 out the door if nobody's gonna match or come close to their wage?

Status
Not open for further replies.