Player Contracts (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Baines May accept a 1 yr extension on 35/40k a week
Let’s be honest no other club will give it to him and we need a reliable back up till one of the young lads prove himself.
Although Kenny has done ok in the bits he’s played at LB but it’s not ideal having a right footer playing LB ( see Martina)

I wouldnt even offer baines that amount...

Perhaps £25-30k a week for 12 months.

Otherwise sign an u21 and offer them the same

Not really...i know companies who have hired guys on insane wages and their replacements have come in at 1/3 of the money
Football is not a normal buisness
The company I work for is looking to make some of us redundant and bring in replacements on 50% of our money and won’t be short of takers but football is not a normal buisness

I think Baines May accept a 1 yr extension on 35/40k a week
Let’s be honest no other club will give it to him and we need a reliable back up till one of the young lads prove himself.
Although Kenny has done ok in the bits he’s played at LB but it’s not ideal having a right footer playing LB ( see Martina)

....I think there’s plenty who’ll be willing to pay him £50k per week, given he’ll be on a free transfer. It really isn’t a lot in the scheme of things these days.

I think Silva/Brands will need to have some continuity on the pitch next season.

I think Pickford / Mina / Digne / Richarlison will be in the first 11 for as many games as possible with a variety of youngsters such as DCL / Kenny / Lookman / Davies in the squad.

For me, i expect everyone else to be up for sale.

Not sure on Virginia as ive not seen him play but imagine he will be off on loan next season and another backup brought in...

I couldnt see Pickford going anywhere at least until the end of next season...earliest.

Cant see why Baines would want to stay unless hes afraid to change clubs...

Agreed, but i think their needs to be revenue created to be honest, we have some salable assets and its about identifying the ones that we could sell with minumum impact who could turn a profit, not all, we have to be shrewd, but we may have to take one on the chin.

Agreed, but i think their needs to be revenue created to be honest, we have some salable assets and its about identifying the ones that we could sell with minumum impact who could turn a profit, not all, we have to be shrewd, but we may have to take one on the chin.

I think the idea is to shift out the big earners in summer and the dross and replace with players on lower salaries but who may come with hefty fees.

Thats a sustainable model which ends up balancing out over a contract + we have players then with resale value

which is why turning the gueye offer was a completely ridiculous decision

I think the idea is to shift out the big earners in summer and the dross and replace with players on lower salaries but who may come with hefty fees.

Thats a sustainable model which ends up balancing out over a contract + we have players then with resale value

Its ideal, im not sure its very likely without crystallizing loss to be honest with you, which is why i think we might need the capital.

I am speaking on the assumption, that Moshiri doesnt make another investment

which is why turning the gueye offer was a completely ridiculous decision

I would have sold him for the magic figure of 30 mill Sterling myself, i think the lcub did right to be honest, we have to be seen not to be an easy touch and i wouldnt be unconfident of not getting 30 mill for him in the summer.

I would have sold him for the magic figure of 30 mill Sterling myself, i think the lcub did right to be honest, we have to be seen not to be an easy touch and i wouldnt be unconfident of not getting 30 mill for him in the summer.

I cant see us getting that amount...

Its an opportunity missed i think...for £26mil we could have brought in Sangare from Toulouse and had a real physical presence in the middle.

He could have had this season to adapt but instead its all going to have to wait till summer and then no doubt we will take time to click

we wont get anywhere close to a 30m offer ever again

Status
Not open for further replies.