Player Contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a good point re contracts of players who are not normally in the first team squad ie. u23s. I’m not sure where you draw the line there though. By and large they take care of themselves and are under the radar in that this summer a number will disappear out of the club and many won’t even know who they were.

Yeah to a degree its totally how far do you go.

I know Brands has his doubters, its not just Dave believe it not, some people are a little peeved that we arent selling our problems, we are loaning them, it isnt ideal and im starting to bore myself with this, but we have highly paid players, with very little talent, that sadly we cant get any mugs to pay their wages.

Hes always my go to stick, but we are gave Sandro a 100k+ a freaking week contract. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, I do recall us all getting a little excited at his signing. But hes utterly terrible, he wont give up that dough and no sane club in world football will pay him that dough, so basically we are gonna have to loan him out every season on subsided wages until he hits a purple patch and somebody gets mugged or hes an Everton player for the next 2 and a half years.

We had a massive transfer kitty, fueled by Stones, Lukaku sales, by the improved TV money and a cash injection from Moshiri, but sadly we gave the keys to our Lambo and some bald headed tosser and some golfing Dutch fella rammed it into a tree and sadly its nothing but a cube.

So now we have to rebuild, we have to somehow rebuild a squad thats full of some very good players and some utter stains on football, its really not going to be easy, we arent skint, we are still a Premier League club and we still have MANY assets we can sell, loan out, we still have a massive tv income, but the reality is that a LOT of our wasters arent worth even a quarter of the wages they are earning and we have and will struggle to shift them until their contracts expire.

From @GrandOldTeam:

Mirallas £39,000 Jun-19
Baines £65,000 Jun-19
Williams £60,000 Jun-19
Jagielka £50,000 Jun-19
McCarthy £50,000 Jun-20
Niasse £50,000 Jun-20
Martina £35,000 Jun-20
Galloway £22,500 Jun-20
Garbutt £27,500 Jun-20
Bolasie £75,000 Jun-21
Ramirez £80,000 Jun-21
Schneiderlin £100,000 Jun-21
Besic £30,000 Jun-21
Vlasic £30,000 Jun-22
Tosun £60,000 Jun-22

From @GrandOldTeam:

Mirallas £39,000 Jun-19
Baines £65,000 Jun-19
Williams £60,000 Jun-19
Jagielka £50,000 Jun-19
McCarthy £50,000 Jun-20
Niasse £50,000 Jun-20
Martina £35,000 Jun-20
Galloway £22,500 Jun-20
Garbutt £27,500 Jun-20
Bolasie £75,000 Jun-21
Ramirez £80,000 Jun-21
Schneiderlin £100,000 Jun-21
Besic £30,000 Jun-21
Vlasic £30,000 Jun-22
Tosun £60,000 Jun-22

Ramirez on 80 ? I swear some here have been saying a 100+

Just curious really

I thought it may be helpful to list down the contract expirations of our players here:

2019 (6 players)
Baines
Jagielka
Browning
Williams
Zouma
Gomes

2020 (7 players)
McCarthy
Stekelenburg
Niasse
Martina
Garbutt
Galloway
Tarashaj

2021 (9 players)
Pennington
Schneiderlin
Walcott
Bolasie
Sandro
Besic
Dowell
Connolly
Lookman

2022 (12 players)
Tosun
Vlasic
Keane
Coleman
Kenny
Gana
Davies
Baningime
Sigurdsson
Bernard
Holgate
Onyekuru

2023 (4 players)
Mina
Digne
Richarlison
Calvert-Lewin

2024 (1 player)
Pickford

My thoughts are;

1 -- Lookmans deal has only 2 seasons to run

2 -- By 2021 we will have seen a massive squad change as 22 players contracts will have expired along with 12 contracts elapsing the following season. Its highly unlikely they will be allowed to run down and there will be a plan in place.

3 -- All the 'panic' about us being handcuffed for the next 3-4 seasons is a little premature. Brands will have a 2 season plan in place minimum.

4 -- This summer with contracts expiring and loans ending + with player sales and further season long outgoing loans I believe we will be seeing anywhere between 15-20 players leaving from the following 27.

Baines
Stekelenburg
Jagielka
Browning
Zouma
Gomes
Williams
McCarthy
Niasse
Martina
Garbutt
Galloway
Tarashaj
Pennington
Schneiderlin
Walcott
Bolasie
Sandro
Besic
Connolly
Tosun
Coleman
Kenny
Gana
Holgate
Dowell
Onyekuru

5 -- If we take a 'glass half full' approach and look at the players we attracted under Brands/Silva so far then the next couple of seasons will be very exciting indeed!

....Mirallas banished from the memory.

I thought it may be helpful to list down the contract expirations of our players here:

2019 (6 players)
Baines
Jagielka
Browning
Williams
Zouma
Gomes

2020 (7 players)
McCarthy
Stekelenburg
Niasse
Martina
Garbutt
Galloway
Tarashaj

2021 (9 players)
Pennington
Schneiderlin
Walcott
Bolasie
Sandro
Besic
Dowell
Connolly
Lookman

2022 (12 players)
Tosun
Vlasic
Keane
Coleman
Kenny
Gana
Davies
Baningime
Sigurdsson
Bernard
Holgate
Onyekuru

2023 (4 players)
Mina
Digne
Richarlison
Calvert-Lewin

2024 (1 player)
Pickford

My thoughts are;

1 -- Lookmans deal has only 2 seasons to run

2 -- By 2021 we will have seen a massive squad change as 22 players contracts will have expired along with 12 contracts elapsing the following season. Its highly unlikely they will be allowed to run down and there will be a plan in place.

3 -- All the 'panic' about us being handcuffed for the next 3-4 seasons is a little premature. Brands will have a 2 season plan in place minimum.

4 -- This summer with contracts expiring and loans ending + with player sales and further season long outgoing loans I believe we will be seeing anywhere between 15-20 players leaving from the following 27.

Baines
Stekelenburg
Jagielka
Browning
Zouma
Gomes
Williams
McCarthy
Niasse
Martina
Garbutt
Galloway
Tarashaj
Pennington
Schneiderlin
Walcott
Bolasie
Sandro
Besic
Connolly
Tosun
Coleman
Kenny
Gana
Holgate
Dowell
Onyekuru

5 -- If we take a 'glass half full' approach and look at the players we attracted under Brands/Silva so far then the next couple of seasons will be very exciting indeed!
A very good list and explanation of when their contracts finish, you have omitted Mirallas off the list, does he finish this summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.