Players Out on Loan 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branthwaite has all the tools to become a top player. Having more time on the ball during his development could improve him and the experience shouldnt do him any harm.

If he stays there it could mean that were trying to improve his passing game...and give him competitive game time.

Cant help thinking Roma under Jose could be a good move for him in terms of overall defensive play.

Just really hoping that he can kick on and push into our first eleven next season.

Branthwaite has all the tools to become a top player. Having more time on the ball during his development could improve him and the experience shouldnt do him any harm.

If he stays there it could mean that were trying to improve his passing game...and give him competitive game time.

Cant help thinking Roma under Jose could be a good move for him in terms of overall defensive play.

Just really hoping that he can kick on and push into our first eleven next season.
If there’s any truth in that I doubt we’ll see him in an Everton shirt again.

Going to be one of those we look back on and regret not playing/giving him a chance I fear.

What's the word on Nkounkou? He looked like he had plenty of ability during his couple of games in the blue shirt. Looks like he's a starter for Cardiff?

What's the word on Nkounkou? He looked like he had plenty of ability during his couple of games in the blue shirt. Looks like he's a starter for Cardiff?

Their local paper was absolutely slating him last week and making out he was the main reason they were so crap. Demanding he be dropped (which he was tbf the next game)

He's had a lot of game time though that's for sure

Going to be one of those we look back on and regret not playing/giving him a chance I fear.
I'm not sure that's fair in his case. 20 is still very young for a centre half and when he's played I don't think he's ever really justified getting a run of games. He's struggled on his loans too, so although he's clearly got talent it's pretty clear that he's still got a long way to go. He must have a good agent though, there aren't many players who would consistently be linked with moving up the ladder when they're not exactly setting the world alight at the level they're at.

In fairness even our u21s play out from the back , as confirmed by Snods on commentary going mad and urging them to hoof it downfield instead. I think Branthwaite, and our other young CBs Anderson and Welch, are used to playing from the back and all can hit a decent long ball forward . And there’s the difference, from what I’ve seen PSV don’t hit many long balls, so Branthwaite will undoubtedly be learning different skills out there , even in training . Hopefully we’ll see the benefits next season .

Their local paper was absolutely slating him last week and making out he was the main reason they were so crap. Demanding he be dropped (which he was tbf the next game)

He's had a lot of game time though that's for sure
My Cardiff-supporting BIL think's he's very much a mixed bag - sound going forward, utterly terrible defensively.

He sounds every inch a winger rather than a LB if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back