Players who you have an unexplained love of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally echo Robbie Blake. Love players who have no pace but are still skilful.
My favourite kind. Riquelme, Totti & Cassano some of the best examples. Then with varying degrees of quality you've got Robinson at Tranmere, old Tugay running the show aged 40 at Blackburn, Mendieta at Boro, Osman for us.

Jay Jay Okocha.

Forgot about him. In fact, no I didn't, I thought about it but I couldn't decide whether I remembered him having pace or not. I think he lost it near the end (so applies then, but looking at it that way there's a lot of footballers who lost pace and adapted, i.e. Giggs. I was trying to think of the 'always slow' types) but I'm sure before that he was pretty rapid, maybe I'm wrong.

Forgot about him. In fact, no I didn't, I thought about it but I couldn't decide whether I remembered him having pace or not. I think he lost it near the end (so applies then, but looking at it that way there's a lot of footballers who lost pace and adapted, i.e. Giggs. I was trying to think of the 'always slow' types) but I'm sure before that he was pretty rapid, maybe I'm wrong.

He had lost it by the time Bolton came around, but he still had all the tricks, sometimes just for the hell of it.

Mind you, if we're talking about players without pace, surely the greatest was Cantona?

Tugay was tremendous.

Always liked Stilyan Petrov too, from back when he was at Celtic. A really classy, do the simple things right type of player.

Roger Mila; I got 28-1 on the Argentina Camaroon result, the bookie said when I came in to collect...how the 'k did you pick that, just tapped side of nose and walked out with his cash.

It is not only the players who have a deep seated love for the club but the fans as well. When your whole family have been supporters for generations it is in your blood! My family's support goes way back into the 20's. and can recall stories of the previous Young.

We had a player called Gary Jones in the mid '70s.

Worked on the sites, played non league and was signed when he was about 21.

Broke onto the team circa '74 and scored a few goals from midfield.

Eventually left for Birmingham City.

But for some strange reason I took a real shine to Gary.

And in the early '80s I took a real shine to out strike partnership of Peter Eastoe and Imre Vradi.

Status
Not open for further replies.