6 + 2 Point Deductions

There really are some monumental dullards on this thread. I trust if they are proved to have been chatting absolute codswallop and that they weren’t the great legal minds they profess to be then they will have the dignity and self awareness to admit they were wrong and confess that they are indeed just a trolley collector down the local Asda who has a penchant for playing with the calculator app on their smartphone. Go and have a look out of a window for a bit.
Could you provide a comprehensive list of all the said dullards in order that Mod Central Office can give all due consideration to a Culling of Dullards Day 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Thanks for posting that mate - hadn't previously read that.

Biggest takeaway for me is Masters coming in on a ticket that the PL should be 'a force for social good'.

Where is the 'social good' in using financial technicalities to impose unscripted but game-changing sanctions on football clubs, that can destroy the social focus of whole communities of fans??

By social good he means the advancement of the big teams particularly Liverpool and United. Everyone else outside the top 6 is virtually irrelevant, just find 14 cannon fodder teams each season to fill the fixtures and its job done.

Nowt wrong with trolley collecting, not only is it good honest graft it is also a technical skill. Once you're into pushing double figures it's essentially as difficult as reversing an artic' lorry.
And you’ve got to keep your head when you have to be deal with the absolute psychos that put a shallow handbag trolley in the standard deep trolley stack in the trolley park.

This delay is getting ridiculous to be fair.
Have the tribunal seen all the evidence and witnesses? How long does it then take to make a decision? There's only 3 members of the panel from what I recall and the hearing was held over 2-3 weeks ago.
What is going on? Has the decision been made and if so what is the delay? Is it political timing? Are the PL waiting for a good day to bury bad news or are they still trying to source safe houses for the panel members and Masters. He strikes me as someone who would glory in the attention if the panel upholds the original ridiculous decision.
Somebody somewhere must have an idea of where we are in the whole process and what the next stage is and when.

This delay is getting ridiculous to be fair.
Have the tribunal seen all the evidence and witnesses? How long does it then take to make a decision? There's only 3 members of the panel from what I recall and the hearing was held over 2-3 weeks ago.
What is going on? Has the decision been made and if so what is the delay? Is it political timing? Are the PL waiting for a good day to bury bad news or are they still trying to source safe houses for the panel members and Masters. He strikes me as someone who would glory in the attention if the panel upholds the original ridiculous decision.
Somebody somewhere must have an idea of where we are in the whole process and what the next stage is and when.
This is right Terry.

Sorry to disagree but I very much doubt that unless the appeal amends the sanction that any points will be returned or indeed the two charges ( which will probably be the last ones under the current rules ) won’t go through the current process.

Whilst I understand and agree with your view about the £19.5 million sum in the overall scheme of things not being that great the IC took the view that it was indeed that’s what they stats and interestingly consider the target to be nil meaning the sum exceeded was £124.5 million .

In terms of sporting advantage sorry on this one the IC don’t state there wasn’t any sporting advantage they state three things one that such sporting advantage can’t be quantified. Which yes in isolation could be read to mean there wasn’t any but elsewhere in the written reasons they state to exceed the £105 million limit by inference gives a sporting advantage over those clubs who have managed their finances “ more responsibly “
The third mention talks about such sporting advantage becoming an aggravating factor if such an overspend was cynical but the IC concluded that if that to treat it in such a way would in effect be double counting

I have said from day one this shouldn’t have been subject to a points deduction and still feel that is right but if you read the written reasons in detail it seems probable that :

1) Had Everton had admitted the charge from day one 2) Not advanced some bound to be discounted sums such as the claim re stadium interest 3) Filed expert witness re the transfer market that didn’t get amended during the commission put the relevance and validity of evidence into disrepute and to be honest seems that it was inherently full of flaws

Then it’s possible, no probable that the points deduction would have been reduced on mitigation.
As an accountant, with historic experience of football accounting, I have to read innumerable dry technical, ethical, empirical articles as part of CPD requirements to remain a member of the Institute . Constantly. Every year for years.

I have never read, dissected and memorised anything to the depths you have read another clubs report from an independent commission. You aren’t wrong, and you post with care and decorum. But Christ almighty. Let Everton fans panic and make stuff up for their own wellbeing.