Poll: Was the ManUtd match a turning point?

Was ManUtd match a turning point?

• Yes

Votes: 40 35.7%
  • No

Votes: 72 64.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if we can put a few more results together. It was very important, but it was only 1 game. We've seen this team get good results and then not show up in the next 2 or 3 games. Until they back up a win with another good result, I'll be very sceptical about this team.

Turning points are a nonsense. Work hard every game, home and away. Earn your luck, and do your talking with your performances. Was Arsenal a turning point, nope it was a last minute wonder goal against a team that's mentally fragile away from home. Was Utd a turning point? Nope it was a lucky deflection against a mentally weak team in transition that has a manager who won't be in charge the team next season. It's good to take advantage of other team's weaknesses, but it doesn't mean our team has changed for the better yet.

I think it’s a turning point in our chances of staying up, not yet in form. After Burnley I thought we were more likely to go down than stay up, today I think we’re more likely to stay up. Still not safe but I think for the players- and fans, going into a 10 day break knowing they’re 4 points clear of the bottom 3 rather than in it is a huge help for their mentality and confidence.

It was a huge win for us, but too early to tell. Leicester are beatable, particularly at Goodison. We should play the same team and need to keep the same intensity all game. Leicester will pose more of a threat than Man United though so we need the defence to be on good form

No, because even though Man U were dire, but for Pickfords brilliance in goal, they would have been out of sight. Let's not get carried away just yet.

….no idea, only time will tell but it stopped the immediate rot and gave everybody a lift.

We are still in a very precarious position & have really difficult games to come. A win against Leicester at home could make our situation a lot healthier, the crowd really need to be up for that one. Leicester can be slick in the top third, Delph will really help if he’s fit but we can get at them at the other end.

i think Lampard is learning on the job, I just hope he’s realising that his team selections have been poor and the likes of Kenny and Holgate are high risk inclusions. I’m no fan of Keane but he’s got to play ahead of Holgate. Hopefully Mina will come in & add some stability and leadership in the final 8 games.

If we beat Leicester that will be the turning point. Getting back-to-back wins and stretching that gap to Burnley to a likely 7 points (plus better GD) will lift a lot of pressure off our team and place it right down on Burnley...who are woeful...too woeful to stay up IMO.

Who knows? We have hopeless players but if they graft that hard we may get out of this yet.

To be fair, it’s a long time since I saw a team less arsed than Utd were.

I want to see absolutely NO stupid fluff pieces over the next week either.

I thought Lampard was much more measured, understated, or whatever you want to call it, after the game on Saturday. Putting back to back wins on the board in this position is enormous, and we have a chance to do it. There's no point winning 1 then losing 3.

I doubt it'll be a turning point in form but it could be a turning point in the relegation battle. I've been saying for months we're not going to just pull clear of this, it's going to be a proper slog and we just have to hope we eke out enough performances to survive. The results this weekend have left us in a better position than I expected, and we've now got a chance to keep our heads above water, but I'd be amazed if we actually put any sort of run together. I expect the rest of the season to include plenty more losses and one or two really bad ones, I just hope we also manage to get the two or three wins we need but it's going to be tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.