Possible January striker targets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southampton will be willing to get shut of Gabbiadini in January.

He's doing nothing for them, but I reckon a change of club and manager and he'll do for us what he did for them when he first came in.

Wouldn't be that dear either.

Would have to be a loan, buying him would be way too risky.

He appears to have all the attributes, but also looks to be potentially a player who can`t hack it in the Premier League.

Doesn`t make him a bad player, just a player who may not be suited to the Premier League.

Not really a suggestion for now, but I like the look of Lukas Nmecha, on loan at Preston from Man City. Got a bit of everything.

Southampton will be willing to get shut of Gabbiadini in January.

He's doing nothing for them, but I reckon a change of club and manager and he'll do for us what he did for them when he first came in.
Wouldn't be that dear either.
Doesn’t really matter how cheap he is. Moshiri may as well burn the money. One of the worst suggestions in GOT history.
How can anyone think this guy has the ability to push us on to the top 4.

Doesn’t really matter how cheap he is. Moshiri may as well burn the money. One of the worst suggestions in GOT history.

he is actually quite good. For whatever reason it just hasn't worked.

We can't just sign the best players in the world. There are other ways. 5 years ago if somebody told me a side containing Trippier, Davies, Dier, Ali, Kane, Son would be challenging for the league i'd have pissed myself laughing.

I agree that Gabbiadini is crap and not worth pursuing, but I do think there is an argument for us getting a cheap stop-gap such as Welbeck. I know that he ain't great either, but with six months left on his contract he should be available for relative pennies, and I think he could fit quite well into Silva's system.

We all know that we need someone much better, but such players are in short supply and they cost the same amount of money that Moshiri paid to buy Everton Football Club.

I agree that Gabbiadini is crap and not worth pursuing, but I do think there is an argument for us getting a cheap stop-gap such as Welbeck. I know that he ain't great either, but with six months left on his contract he should be available for relative pennies, and I think he could fit quite well into Silva's system.

We all know that we need someone much better, but such players are in short supply and they cost the same amount of money that Moshiri paid to buy Everton Football Club.
Funny enough was thinking the same thing.
If i was Brands I would sell niasse, tosun and DCL. Go and buy the best we can’t get fir 50mil or how ever much it takes. and get welbeck on a free. And bring Hornby into the the 1st team squad.

Rashford on the bench for Utd.

Bring him in January it makes such sense for all parties.

Rashford and Lozano in

Lozano Siggurdsson Richarlison

Rashford

Bernard, Walcott and Lookman as options from the bench. Wow.

he is actually quite good. For whatever reason it just hasn't worked.

We can't just sign the best players in the world. There are other ways. 5 years ago if somebody told me a side containing Trippier, Davies, Dier, Ali, Kane, Son would be challenging for the league i'd have pissed myself laughing.
Are serious. 5 yrs ago Ali was 17. Kane and Dier still teenagers, Son & Tripper probably not much older than 21. Ridiculous thing to say

There is the best players in the world and then the level below. Go down to the 4/5 level and that is where you will find Gabbiadini.

Spurs got very luck imo. A lot of their players they bought at young ages, all came through together . The likes of rose and walker. It took Eriksen a couple years to find his feet Dembele the same, who was in and out of the team fir a coupe of years. The 2 Belgian centre backs. Dele Ali who knew he wa go to hit the ground running like that. Son the same.

And Kane is a once in a lifetime, like we had with Rooney.

The interesting thing about Spurs. In the last 2 years they have spent roughly 200mil on 6 or 7 players and not one can gets in their strongest 11. Spurs are struggling to really kick on, because they won’t pay top dollar.

We don’t have to just go fir world class players, who we would struggle to attract at the moment anyway. But there are plenty of quality players that improve the positions in our team that need upgrading.

Going fir Gabbiadini is like saying Coleman is finished, Kenny not good enough. Let’s go and buy Nathaniel Clyne.

Callum Wilson anyone?

I know the fifa kids will laugh thinking we can sign Cavani, but let's be realistic better than Tosun

..he might start off prolific but I suppose the risk is if he then goes backward as he apparently has at Southampton. Regardless, I think we need real pace, power and quality in that central position rather than another who might be similar to Tosun.
He's a finisher. I think we need one.

Would have to be a loan, buying him would be way too risky.

He appears to have all the attributes, but also looks to be potentially a player who can`t hack it in the Premier League.

Doesn`t make him a bad player, just a player who may not be suited to the Premier League.
He needs a manager - Hughes must be a nightmare to play for.

Wish we would sign Rashford annoying how we havent taken a chance on him. If Martial stays he'll never be first choice striker and he seems very much a northern boy.

£45 million bid in January and bring him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back