Pre-season: Dynamo Dresden away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

http://www.the-dubliner-dresden.de/

There's this pub nearby the stadium.
I was there tonight. Smallish place with a nice outside seating area, in a kind of bar square surrounded by Chinese, pizzeria, steakhouse, Tex-Mex, Portuguese, Turkish and local restaurants. They said there was no official closing time in Dresden and seemed pretty mellow about playing host to Blues arriving on Thursday.

Dresden is a very impressive city although it is very humid and very warm at the moment.

I was there tonight. Smallish place with a nice outside seating area, in a kind of bar square surrounded by Chinese, pizzeria, steakhouse, Tex-Mex, Portuguese, Turkish and local restaurants. They said there was no official closing time in Dresden and seemed pretty mellow about playing host to Blues arriving on Thursday.

Dresden is a very impressive city although it is very humid and very warm at the moment.
How much for a pint mate? ;)

The local dark beer was around €4 for a half litre (I think) - I paid just over €15 for a meal and two pints. Guinness around €5 - the normal beer might have been cheaper but I tend to stick to the dark stuff.

The local dark beer was around €4 for a half litre (I think) - I paid just over €15 for a meal and two pints. Guinness around €5 - the normal beer might have been cheaper but I tend to stick to the dark stuff.
Rip off! That's like Munich prices, which, as far as I know, is the most expensive in the country! I'd expect around 3/3.50 for a half litre of local beer. Obviously Guinness will be very pricy, but who drinks that really?!

If this Dubliner is anything like that Irish bar in Wolfsburg, we will have a boss day.. Someone bring an Aux and an EFC playlist!

Rip off! That's like Munich prices, which, as far as I know, is the most expensive in the country! I'd expect around 3/3.50 for a half litre of local beer. Obviously Guinness will be very pricy, but who drinks that really?!

Actually I think 4 euro for a half litre is pretty normal, given the location in the city centre. Sure it ain't a bargain, but it also ain't a rip off.

Actually I think 4 euro for a half litre is pretty normal, given the location in the city centre. Sure it ain't a bargain, but it also ain't a rip off.
In the east should be cheaper than in the west, but I can assure you southern cities such as Munich and Stuttgart charge, on average, less than 4 Euro in the city centre for a pint. Anyway, not the end of the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back