Pre-Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant see why anyone moans who we play,couldnt care less as long as we play lol,and win them,despite winning pre season games meaning nothing on how the season goes,in the same way losing wont mean we will be bad in the season,we just have to hope no injurys etc,which we always seem to end up with a big injury to a main player in the last game or 2 before season starts

Bury have Rangers away,Liverpool 4 days before we are there and co,not bad games for Bury

no offence but it is important who we play in pre-season friendlies

bury and blackburn are no test and you can talk about fitness all you want but this isn't just about fitness its also about the mentality of getting off to a good start. Bury and Blackburn may be ok if you are talking about the first few weeks of pre-season but certainly not a week before the prem starts.

when you play against lower opposition you are going to make less of an effort and that lackadaisical attitude could then be translated into the first few fixtures of the season. All of a sudden a routine home win against Southampton on 18th August 2018 may end up a draw or a narrow defeat and people are wondering how on earth has this happened.

i honestly believe that our poor starts to seasons are generally down to poor pre-season arrangements and would much rather prefer us to be play against big named opponents towards the end of the pre-season

i hope the next pre-season friendlies announcement will have us face a much sterner opponent

I agree, but same old teams all the time, id like to see them come south for a game or 2 for us southern toffees.did genk last year, thought that was great, dresdon year before, we just seem to drag our heels over everything we do

I agree, but same old teams all the time, id like to see them come south for a game or 2 for us southern toffees.did genk last year, thought that was great, dresdon year before, we just seem to drag our heels over everything we do

Theres enough games down south in the league, a few close ones are sound for us up here

Blackburn will be a good test, good for fitness and good for ability as they are flying and will fancy getting ready for a tough Championship season.

no offence but it is important who we play in pre-season friendlies

bury and blackburn are no test and you can talk about fitness all you want but this isn't just about fitness its also about the mentality of getting off to a good start. Bury and Blackburn may be ok if you are talking about the first few weeks of pre-season but certainly not a week before the prem starts.

when you play against lower opposition you are going to make less of an effort and that lackadaisical attitude could then be translated into the first few fixtures of the season. All of a sudden a routine home win against Southampton on 18th August 2018 may end up a draw or a narrow defeat and people are wondering how on earth has this happened.

i honestly believe that our poor starts to seasons are generally down to poor pre-season arrangements and would much rather prefer us to be play against big named opponents towards the end of the pre-season

i hope the next pre-season friendlies announcement will have us face a much sterner opponent
Dont do drugs kids, you’ll end up spouting guff like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.