pre-season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre season is all about fitness,integrating new players and assessing whether fringe players have improved. Yes it would be great to play some of the worlds better clubs but let’s be honest we aren’t a top 6 club yet so the invites from the tv preseason tournaments aren’t going to happen.

Imagine fuming so much about a pre season schedule and berating the club over it.

I seriously wonder how some people make it through a season of actual competitive football supporting Everton.
I guess some folk take contentment in being angry. To be honest, even yours truly, a bloke of impossible equanimity, was a little peeved at having to leave my avocado plantation in exchange for a trip to Wigan.
And before the old “Brexit means Brexit, fella!” chestnut is chucked in my direction, just let me get ahead of that in reporting there is absolutely no way I intend heading off to get my jollies on the Continent. If it comes to anything even near that potentiality, I’ll simply opt to stay at home and harvest my organic avos.

Last edited:
It's a bit odd that they didn't go anywhere really for preseason as there really aren't any big international events this year. Would make sense to go ANYWHERE besides that African Sportspesa thing

Gutted I’ve already booked a trip to the Lakes for the weekend of the Bremen game. My German team. Lovely little town and a fabulous walk down the river in the sun to a stadium with a cracking atmosphere. Not to mention the Becks Brewery tour and dead cheap flights for those of us in London. Photo attached is from when I went to watch them play Leipzig season before the one just last. Lookman of course scored the equaliser to take the win away from Bremen.

EF498200-02A1-441F-AEC2-406177C26321.webp

I’m actually pleased with this to be fair

The European tournament will mean seven pre season games overall.

What about a goodison game? Surely that will be added too although I’m not sure how it will fit in the dates

I’ve always said 7-8 games is the minimum needed. I think we will be a lot fitter from these extra games than usual

It's better than playing bury, Blackburn, Dundee and a 6th tier Austrian side anyway.

The algarve tournament will probably have Porto and a couple of other quality teams too. I don't see the problem.

Certain posters just want us to get pumpings from the super clubs to prepare us better for the season, those same posters would then moan that we look metally shot when we then suffer a pumping early on in the season and blame it on getting pumped by a Real/Barca/Bayern etc which is who they wanted us to play in the first place

I’m actually pleased with this to be fair

The European tournament will mean seven pre season games overall.

What about a goodison game? Surely that will be added too although I’m not sure how it will fit in the dates

I’ve always said 7-8 games is the minimum needed. I think we will be a lot fitter from these extra games than usual

Doesn't look like a home friendly will be happening this summer, would have been the weekend now filled by the trip to Bremen, it's possible we could play at Tranmere again if they want a home game but that would depend on Rover's own schedule considering the EFL season begins the same weekend as Bremen

Doesn't look like a home friendly will be happening this summer, would have been the weekend now filled by the trip to Bremen, it's possible we could play at Tranmere again if they want a home game but that would depend on Rover's own schedule considering the EFL season begins the same weekend as Bremen

Tranmere apparently have a deal in place with the loveables across the park for games so that would be a no-go

Last year we played a swiss 5th division team, and the only decent team we played was Sevilla. This year, we essentially start with a swiss 1st division team, followed by a ligue 1 team, a championship team, an unknown tournament likely featuring a top division team or two, and then finished with a top half Bundesliga team. Its a good ramp up in competition until the days we can get Real Madrid in preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back