Pre-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the squad list is dog dirt but to look on the bright side, itll be really interesting to see how João Virginia, Stan Mills, Tom Cannon, Reece Welch, Lewis Warrington and Lewis Dobbin all play. These all cover positions were most in need to squad depth and these have the highest chance of getting any minutes based on successful loans.

So looking at that, you’d imagine the starting Xl for Friday’s game would be

Pickford

Patterson
Keane
Tarkowski
Godfrey

Onana
Gueye
Doucoure

Iwobi
DCL
McNeil

Then second half switch to 442 with subs and play

Virginia

Higgins
Welch
Astley
Hunt

Mills
Gomes
Warrington
Dele

Cannon
Maupay
Desperately need to sign a CB and a LB looking at that. Obviously other areas as well like a forward etc but based off if everyone stayed fit, the defence there is awful.

So looking at that, you’d imagine the starting Xl for Friday’s game would be

Pickford

Patterson
Keane
Tarkowski
Godfrey

Onana
Gueye
Doucoure

Iwobi
DCL
McNeil

Then second half switch to 442 with subs and play

Virginia

Higgins
Welch
Astley
Hunt

Mills
Gomes
Warrington
Dele

Cannon
Maupay

I will expect it to be a mix of senior and youth for both halves. So along the lines of;

Pickford

Patterson
Welch
Tarks
Hunt

Doucoure
Onyango
Warrington

McNeill
DCL
Mills

with second half;

Higgins
Keane
Astley
Godfrey

Gana
Onana
Dele

Iwobi
Cannon
Maupay

-

Obviously not exactly like that but I'd imagine a blend of both halves.

Last edited:
I will expect it to be a mix of senior and youth for both halves. So along the lines of;

Pickford

Patterson
Welch
Tarks
Hunt

Doucoure
Onyango
Warrington

McNeill
DCL
Simms

with second half;

Higgins
Keane
Astley
Godfrey

Gana
Onana
Dele

Iwobi
Cannon
Maupay

-

Obviously not exactly like that but I'd imagine a blend of both halves.
we borrowing Coventry players to get us through pre season?

Bodes well for next season.

Desperately need to sign a CB and a LB looking at that. Obviously other areas as well like a forward etc but based off if everyone stayed fit, the defence there is awful.
Branthwaite coming back on loan has helped but we need a striker and wingers

we have Keane, Holgate, Godfrey, Branthwaite, Tarkowski all can play centre half whereas only 3 strikers and 3 wingers

Branthwaite coming back on loan has helped but we need a striker and wingers

we have Keane, Holgate, Godfrey, Branthwaite, Tarkowski all can play centre half whereas only 3 strikers and 3 wingers
I was purely basing it off the team that was posted. Holgate isn’t included which indicates he is off. Keane is horrendous, as is Godfrey who is clearly being taken on pre season as a LB.

We have tarks. All the rest are garbage or massively unproven at this level.

And as I say, if all the players were able to stay fit, the defence looks worse than the attack (to me) even though we have more depth in defence.

I was purely basing it off the team that was posted. Holgate isn’t included which indicates he is off. Keane is horrendous, as is Godfrey who is clearly being taken on pre season as a LB.

We have tarks. All the rest are garbage or massively unproven at this level.

And as I say, if all the players were able to stay fit, the defence looks worse than the attack (to me) even though we have more depth in defence.
statistically the attack is worse than the defence

bar mina and coady this defence kept numerous clean sheets under dyche, think we won several games 1-0 at home which ultimately led to us staying up - the defence is horrendous but wouldn't be my main priority in strengthening right now

Cannon, DCL and Maupay only have 3 prem goal between them last season and DCL barely played and barely scored when he did play and we were the second lowest goalscoarers in the league

we also have 3 wingers and 2 of them don't even want to be here

therein lies the biggest issues

Screenshot_2023-07-10-15-46-29-16_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.