Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Preview: Chelsea v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, not sure how you got that from what I said but okay.

Because you're saying people shouldn't be moaning about losing to Chelsea away, like it should happen so we may as well just hand them the 3 points and not turn up. Like to think we can go and win even if we ain't fully expecting it otherwise what's the point. Display was a disgrace.

Still not sure why DCL was rested when there was no way our midfield was competing, nor the ball likely to stick up from. A complete outhouse display bar Besic (what a man for coming in, showing fight, being composed), DCL (will be our only true Striker if we don't pull our finger out), and Baines (who despite being limited going forward, was better defensively and got kicked all over the park all game)

So at half time 2-0 down we take Davies off when it could have been any outfield player bar the full backs - fetch Besic on and play him in the defence and drop the sig into midfield where Davies was?
Absurd tactic by RK!

Chelsea went to sleep in the second half as they knew we weren't even the slightest threat.
I think DCL helped create problems for them and we started to use the ball a bit better going forward, they still had chances, not as if they stopped trying completely.

We were more of a threat in the second half than the first but I guess 2-0 with not long to go, they probably did let of the pedal a bit aye.

Just trying to be a positive blue, sucks losing but we can look to some positives after a tough week. ;)

Damp squid of a game. The 3 at the back lost us that. We are just not good at it. Not many positives to take from that game but there was a few. Besic, DCL even Lennons cameo. Rooney tried but was up against it, Siggy showed a few good touches and intelligence. Goalie couldn't do much with the goals. Two bad goals to concede from a defensive point of view and no attacking threat whatsoever until we changed to a back 4. Hope Koeman finally realises that too much overthinking on tactics can be detrimental to us and start playing to players strengths as much as opposition players strengths. Still look like a bunch of strangers at the moment.

Again with the "you should be manager" routine. I like Koeman but he has ballsed this up 2 years on the spin trying to play 5 at the back. Do you agree?

Do you think we played better once we changed to a back 4?

I don't want to be a manager, I just want us to be better with what we have. To all and sundry we aren't playing well with 3 at the back

Do you agree?

I don't think it really mattered too much how we set up, I think we were never likely to win that game, so do the bookies, You can blame Koeman if you want. I choose not to.

I didn't see much productivity or pressing today, Is Koeman sure he knows what he's doing ha. All in all, it wasn't good but we move on.

All I hear on here is we're crap after a loss and world beaters after a win. I don't see us finishing any better than 7th this season, we've done well in the transfer market but we are still playing catch up with the top 6 after years of doing nothing. Win a cup and be closer to the top 6 and I would say that's a good season.
Tbf the hyperbole is very real, but I mean I thought we've looked really poor in almost every game this season so far.

Not only that, the weaknesses within the squad are glaringly obvious to everyone and I do not believe siggy was even a part of the answer.

Chelsea could have played without a goalkeeper and still won. That's really, really poor. Not anywhere near the level we need to reach if we want to challenge the top 6.

Not too worried yet though. We'll hopefully sign 1 or 2 more players, it was our 3rd game in a week, new players still settling in, and the team still needs to gel.

Two great finishes and a very laid back performance. Surely clinical mate
Well, we lost at least 3-4 clear cut opportunities thanks to Willian and Moses, but cant complain i guess.
Cheer up though, Stamford Bridge will be the toughest ground to play in this season, better days will come

Really hope Koeman starts to have a change of heart about his away tactics. Obviously a brutal week but we could have done better.
If he plays 3 at the back with the Jagielka , Williams combi again he should deported back to Holland.
Give Niasse the locker Ramirez owns. Never seen a spaniard who is so poor on the ball. Even Niasse looks better.
Tell Sigurdsson somebody was crazy enough to pay 45m for him . Not in snickers but real money. What he is producing isnt worth 45 pence.
I heard our friend Mirallas will be back in Greece next week. Who comes in to replace him?

Because you're saying people shouldn't be moaning about losing to Chelsea away, like it should happen so we may as well just hand them the 3 points and not turn up. Like to think we can go and win even if we ain't fully expecting it otherwise what's the point. Display was a disgrace.

Spot on.

So at half time 2-0 down we take Davies off when it could have been any outfield player bar the full backs - fetch Besic on and play him in the defence and drop the sig into midfield where Davies was?
Absurd tactic by RK!

I know you like Davies Joey but he was really poor today and I actually thought we played better with the tactics you thought was absurd. Besic played really well today and can hold his head high. If Besic stays fit I can see him having a good shout to start games.

Not sure about all the posters having a go at people moaning.

Do we expect to beat Chelsea 4-0? No, of course not. Ive got no problem with the scoreline either as they are a quality team and losses are part of football.

However, people have every right to moan about the manner of defeat. Inviting them to attack at every opportunity, panicking on the ball everytime they glanced in our direction, constantly turning to go back to the keeper who only handed back possession anyway, hoofing nothing balls up to nobody, sloppy passing and standing to watch them take all the time in the world to do what they wanted. Plus there was no movement at all.

Fair enough we may have been slightly tired so we couldnt press much, but constantly chasing the ball is worse.
This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back