Prostate Cancer ….. Basic Self Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad passed away with it just before Christmas, had advanced prostate cancer gone to his bones he fought it with help with hormone treatment kept going for 15 years positivity kept him going take note everyone, but get checked lads, different treatments are available if you get checked early very good outlook,
Early diagnosis is the key to survival
Any hint of symptoms and get to the doctor for a PSA test

My dad passed away with it just before Christmas, had advanced prostate cancer gone to his bones he fought it with help with hormone treatment kept going for 15 years positivity kept him going take note everyone, but get checked lads, different treatments are available if you get checked early very good outlook,
So sorry mate.

My Dad starts treatment for prostate cancer in the next couple of weeks. He’s lucky they caught it pretty early. He said he had to go for a biopsy for the test and they stuck a chopstick size instrument into his gooch/notcha/perineum. Said it was the most painful thing he’s ever experienced.
They do that after a positive score on the PSA test …. It’s not so much painful as unnerving… if the to a local anaesthetic that is
But the initial diagnosis is purely the Psa Blood test and guys should not be afraid of it

They do that after a positive score on the PSA test …. It’s not so much painful as unnerving… if the to a local anaesthetic that is
But the initial diagnosis is purely the Psa Blood test and guys should not be afraid of it

fair play for starting this thread

ive only recently finally got around to checking this out with my doctor. Have had the results back from the blood tests last couple days and seems to say everything is within the levels it should be or “negative”

I didn’t really clarify this with the doc before but I wonder do I need to follow up further or just do the same again in a year and each year

Yes
fair play for starting this thread

ive only recently finally got around to checking this out with my doctor. Have had the results back from the blood tests last couple days and seems to say everything is within the levels it should be or “negative”

I didn’t really clarify this with the doc before but I wonder do I need to follow up further or just do the same again in a year and each year

My Dad starts treatment for prostate cancer in the next couple of weeks. He’s lucky they caught it pretty early. He said he had to go for a biopsy for the test and they stuck a chopstick size instrument into his gooch/notcha/perineum. Said it was the most painful thing he’s ever experienced.
Is he going the buried radioactive seeds route ? Or is he getting rid of it completely ??

Is he going the buried radioactive seeds route ? Or is he getting rid of it completely ??
He had some implants I could be wrong but I think they are some sort of gold? He’s on a trail whatever the implant is he’s had put in. He starts his treatment a week tomorrow mate

Cheers mate, he mentioned the numbing injections. I can imagine it’s not the most pleasant place to have an injection so maybe the unnerving nature of it made it seem all the more painful ha. I’ve mentioned he’s had an implant and starts his treatment a week tomorrow

Makes you wonder that cancer has been around since Ancient Egypt with no cure in sight yet we got an apparent cure for world pandemic in less than 6 mth.
Anyway nice to highlight awareness

He had some implants I could be wrong but I think they are some sort of gold? He’s on a trail whatever the implant is he’s had put in. He starts his treatment a week tomorrow mate
Sounds similar to what my dad had, they implant these seeds into the prostrate... He will be very radioactive for a few weeks but he will be sound mate. Just glad he was found early. Good luck !!

Status
Not open for further replies.