Prostate check

….so yesterday I had a Colonoscopy (camera up the bum). The procedure was totally painless and zero issues afterwards. The preparation isn’t the best, in my case 30 hours fasting but the worst is the 1L drinks you have to take twice to ‘clear your drains’.

As you can imagine, you get referred for a reason and it’s usually because tests point to a major potential problem. NHS guarantee to conduct the test within 2 weeks of referral but that period is a major concern because you can’t help thinking the worst. I’m laid back about procedures but these last two weeks have been a big worry thinking of the potential outcome.

A huge relief when the Consultant said ‘it’s all lovely and clear, I wish all colons were as good as this’ ;)

So, procedure is nothing to fear and you really do have to get these things checked if you have a prolonged period of sloppy poops or have any sign of blood in your stools.

Eye operation next Wednesday, needles in the eyeball etc holds zero fear for me as I’m chilled about such things and know getting a cataract removed and a corrective lens put in the iris should mean eyesight like Superman.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back