PSR Transfer Deadline Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
….no idea when we’ll find out if we’re PSR compliant, I’m sure we’d love to know. The one hope I have is DFG will certainly know the situation and won’t want to start their first season with a points deduction.
The ‘clever’ people on Sky Sports News suggest that any PSR breach will be reported to the Club 14 days after the accounting period closes.

I'm more concerned that it's likely to be very close and we are possibly taking a chance. If we are over at all, the league will happily throw the book at us. We've seen how this is likely to go.

If there is any doubt that we are compliant, then we should be desperate to make another sale today. The club have previously thought they were ok in the past and it turned out to be the complete opposite.
I completely agree Tim.

As repeat offenders I think the PL will ( of course because it's Everton ) look to treat us more harshly.

The double jeopardy argument substantively failed last time albeit assisted to some degree on mitigation.

If there is any doubt we must make a sale to comply.

My read of it is the club must think we are compliant hence the lack of noise around having to sell players but we must be tight hence the lack of noise around buying more players this side of July 1st e.g. this side of 1st July we would have to sell to buy.

Will we see an exchange of players with a fellow PSR flirter before the PSR transfer window slams shut?

Which middling player is available from another club for approximately the same value as one of our wage thieves?

C'mon Kevin Thelwell, make Richard Masters' head go pop.

The consequences of a breach are very serious for us. With that in mind, would they have sold Branthwaite by now if it was the only option?

Or DCL? Onana has always seemed the most obvious sale but you can't expect that to be done whilst Belgium are still involved in Euro 24.

Why on earth can't the PSR deadline and closing of the summer transfer window be on the same date?

It looks now like we won't be doing other business tomorrow. The deadline is tomorrow isn't it? And after that they'll surely confirm N'Diaye?

To be honest I thought we would have made a big sale and I'm more concerned than not that we have not. I don't have any trust in the present incumbents to get the calculations right.

If we are close then we should do more to facilitate a sale. We could reduce the price and / or offer an incentive to a player to leave.

It will be criminal if we breach again.
There must be a reasonable chance that we are gambling on the accounting issue.

It wouldn't surprise me if we are in a situation where we are compliant if we win that argument, but not if we don't.

Do you sell one of the genuine good players to make sure either way, or risk it and argue mitigation if wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back