QPR 1-1 Everton. Sat 3rd March at 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No! Donavan will be past it soon, and we'll overpay. coleman and barclay, while not as expierenced, are first rate piss takers. Get them up and running. We will have to pay too much for landon and he will soon be past it. Except for defenders and goalies, age curdles players quickly in this game, and this league, esspecially

Donavan will be past it soon

He's 30, not 34.

Except for defenders and goalies, age curdles players quickly in this game, and this league, esspecially

Ryan%252BGiggs.jpeg

I would take either of them in my team. This idea that once players hit their 30's their career is practically over just isn't true if you are managed properly and look after yourself.

Donovan seems to be the kind of player who is always in the gym, making sure he's in prime condition. If we signed him at the age of 30 on a 3 year deal then i really don't see there being an issue with his fitness as long as he isn't expected to play every single week.

In fact, i could easily build a team out of the list of current Premier League players 30 and older which would challenge any other team. 2013 could be:

Hibbertdinho Toure Terry Evra
Donovan Parker Giggs Bellamy
Berbatov Drogba​

I'd take that team over many of the squads in the league.

He's 30, not 34.

Ryan%252BGiggs.jpeg

I would take either of them in my team. This idea that once players hit their 30's their career is practically over just isn't true if you are managed properly and look after yourself.

Donovan seems to be the kind of player who is always in the gym, making sure he's in prime condition. If we signed him at the age of 30 on a 3 year deal then i really don't see there being an issue with his fitness as long as he isn't expected to play every single week.

In fact, i could easily build a team out of the list of current Premier League players 30 and older which would challenge any other team. 2013 could be:

Hibbertdinho Toure Terry Evra
Donovan Parker Giggs Bellamy
Berbatov Drogba​

I'd take that team over many of the squads in the league.

Great points, mate. But the United fellows you point out are used sparingly. We can't afford 'sparingly' we ARE sparingly. Donavan is a fitness freak, that's good. His mental attitude is worth quite a lot. When he is playing our entire team seems to get a boost in the bollox area, which is much needed. Ah, at 28 I was all in, now, still not sure. McBride didn't do much after Moyes turned him down for being too old. Doesnt' matter. We cannot afford to break a bank that is already broken for a player that is traveling that path.

I want donavan, but I want younger players that cost less. Moyes does better at finding those sort than signing established players.

I think....

Great points, mate. But the United fellows you point out are used sparingly. We can't afford 'sparingly' we ARE sparingly. Donavan is a fitness freak, that's good. His mental attitude is worth quite a lot. When he is playing our entire team seems to get a boost in the bollox area, which is much needed. Ah, at 28 I was all in, now, still not sure. McBride didn't do much after Moyes turned him down for being too old. Doesnt' matter. We cannot afford to break a bank that is already broken for a player that is traveling that path.

I want donavan, but I want younger players that cost less. Moyes does better at finding those sort than signing established players.

I think....

To be fair though, Giggs is 8 years older than Donovan ! His appearances from the start of the 04-05 season (when he was 30):

I don't know about you, but if Donovan is anywhere near the fitness levels of Giggs (i think he is) then even getting two thirds of those numbers over the course of four seasons would be well worth it. I probably am a little bit biased because i love him, but i'd pay over the odds for him all day long. He's a class act and a top professional, and unlike Neville he can also play football still.

well...his mental toughness and aggresion is worth something. Maybe. Make him captain. OMG how long can Neville go on. I love him, but only in defence, or playing the carsley role.

Exciting game, but we were played off the pitch by QPR. ARGH. Just when I think we're turning the corner. Really looking forward to 3/17 now...

90 minutes of nev in midfield even his much vaunted pointing was bad yesterday ,why did dithering dave start him there and keep him there all game?. this requires some deep thinking.

A good point but poor performance.
I wish howard could dominate his own 6 yard box and i wish moyes would go and try to win a game playing neville in midfield was an awful decision.
I dont think we had a shot on goal second half and they were there for the taking.

First time at Loftus road, looks and eels like a synthetic antiseptic Goodison Park, secondly the fans of theirs, sound bunch. Chatted to some on the way to the ground.

Found myself in a QPR pub with my shirt on, even though i HAD MY efc SHIRT ON I still got in past the searchers. Was drinking away with a couple of QPR fans aout the N Ireland music scene, yes there is one albeit small, and was advised to keep my coat on, there wouldn't be any bother but better safe than sorry.

Lastly, walking from the bush to the away end I thought I was in a foreign country. Never heard English being spoken for about 3/4 mile.

ps the walkabout bar, can't wait to get back.

First time at Loftus road, looks and eels like a synthetic antiseptic Goodison Park, secondly the fans of theirs, sound bunch. Chatted to some on the way to the ground.

Found myself in a QPR pub with my shirt on, even though i HAD MY efc SHIRT ON I still got in past the searchers. Was drinking away with a couple of QPR fans aout the N Ireland music scene, yes there is one albeit small, and was advised to keep my coat on, there wouldn't be any bother but better safe than sorry.

Lastly, walking from the bush to the away end I thought I was in a foreign country. Never heard English being spoken for about 3/4 mile.

ps the walkabout bar, can't wait to get back.

I was in there too mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back