QPR 1-1 Everton. Sat 3rd March at 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's alright everyone. The captain has spoken:

“@fizzer18: Tough game and a good point-we can play better but our unbeaten run continues great to have Ossie jags back and jelevic looks sharpâ€￾

“@fizzer18: Tough game and a good point-we can play better but our unbeaten run continues great to have Ossie jags back and jelevic looks sharpâ€￾

He wrote that whilst he was playing

Allow me to translate:

"I'm getting a game again and if no one complains too much that the team selection needs sorting out I'll continue to get one. Cheers mugs."

I was complaining more about who we brought on to replace him. I can understand taking him off, as he's hot-headed and was on a yellow.

However we left ourselves with no pace, no threat on the right and hardly any creativity or spark. Until maybe the 88th minute but by then it was too late.

WHAT THE FÚCK IS WITH THE LATE SUBS!?!?!!?

We should know by now that Moyes only does late subs, and too late at that.

Just finished watching it (delayed 2 hours), and after the first 30 minutes or so, it seems like Everton really got out-worked. QPR was doing a good job of putting pressure on the ball and winning back possession. They seemed to have more drive. Before the game I would have been upset with a tie, but after watching, we were lucky to get a point.

After that 2 week break, I think the players need to be held accountable for not being the team that put in the greater effort.

Jeezuz we were lucky. Play like that in our next 3 games and the season is truly over. we'll be too far behind in the league to even think about an outside chance of Europe and we'll be out of the cup.

Still unbeaten tho.

we're defo not going to play this badly in our next 4 fixtures as they are; Spurs, Liverpool, massive cup game v Sunderland and Arsenal. I'm confident going into these games due to our previous with this current squad in big game scenarios(minus the derby). That does not however, detract from the disappointment of our shocking last 60 minutes of todays game.

Jeezuz we were lucky. Play like that in our next 3 games and the season is truly over. we'll be too far behind in the league to even think about an outside chance of Europe and we'll be out of the cup.

Still unbeaten tho.

We desperately need Rodders or Gibbo on instead of Pip. The FA cup tie without Peanuts is also a bit meh but I hope we'll somehow start with a midfield of Drenthe Osman and Magaye and we'll be ok.

We really missed Gibson today and it showed.

My only other real problem in this game was all the hoof balls we played. Anytime Howard and Heitinga played the ball forward they pretty much only hoofed it up the pitch. There were a lot of opportunities where we could have played the ball instead. Had we played the ball more, I think we would have done a lot better in terms of possession.

Thought it was a no risks, minimum effort shift from everyone today - almost as if this was something to get through before the big games in the next 2 weeks.

That's all well and good except there were 1700 official supporters and a few hundred more in the lower stand all spending their hard earned cash and expecting to see maximum effort.

As always in these situations its the fans I feel for, we deserve better!

As an aside I was sitting amongst QPR fans and they hate Hughes with a passion - they can't understand the appointment nor do they expect it to succeed.

On top of that I broke 2 toes playing football this morning.

we're defo not going to play this badly in our next 4 fixtures as they are; Spurs, Liverpool, massive cup game v Sunderland and Arsenal. I'm confident going into these games due to our previous with this current squad in big game scenarios(minus the derby). That does not however, detract from the disappointment of our shocking last 60 minutes of todays game.

This.

We are an awkward team to play against...not a great team or even very good team...we cant dispatch teams below us but we can make life very difficult for those thiught 'better' than us.

We're the Premier League's spoiling outfit....and it's as frustrating to be that as it is for other teams facing us. We need to elevate ourselves above that dubious status asap.

Thought it was a no risks, minimum effort shift from everyone today - almost as if this was something to get through before the big games in the next 2 weeks.

That's all well and good except there were 1700 official supporters and a few hundred more in the lower stand all spending their hard earned cash and expecting to see maximum effort.

As always in these situations its the fans I feel for, we deserve better!

As an aside I was sitting amongst QPR fans and they hate Hughes with a passion - they can't understand the appointment nor do they expect it to succeed.

On top of that I broke 2 toes playing football this morning.

Ouch! How long will that take to heal? Sounds like a [Poor language removed].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back