Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking to evertontv in his first interview as Everton boss, Benitez said: “You can see the ambition is there. This club is growing.

“For me, it is about bringing the winning mentality, being competitive, so everything is in place on the pitch and off the pitch.

“I love the passion of the people behind the Club. I know the city, I know Scousers, I know what it means for every fan here to compete and to have the chance to win. To come to Everton is something that means a lot, for sure.

“You can see the ambition of the owner, of the Board, everybody wants to be better and to go to the new stadium with a massive boost.

“I like to compete. I like to win. I came from the academy at Real Madrid [as a young player and coach], and the winning mentality is already there.

“We [myself and my coaching staff] have won 13 titles because we have this mentality and I still want to win.

“And I have come to Everton because I liked the idea to be competitive again – and to have the chance to compete in every game, to compete against anyone.”
The club is growing.

Still a small club making small time appointments.

ok, like most, I'm not happy about this but here's the positives I can see.

We're not going to overhype him. No murals or banners or any of that. Till the season starts, he'll be left alone for the most part.
I think our squad is actually quite good. So he has the bones of a good team. He's a well known disciplinarian which seems like something we've missed.
Fans of his previous clubs do seem to love him (puke) so there's a chance, through sheer work rate and the type of performances his team put in, he could win a few fans around.
Thats it, all I have for now.

Guy wants to be here and work his bollox off and you have fans on his back

Carlo treated the club like a holiday camp until Perez came calling and the same lids were offering their first born to him.

Have a word bhoys and get behind the lads

WHATS OUR NAME???
The day Carlo was hired you'd not have thought he was going to do what he did either so it isn't really a good way to look at it

Status
Not open for further replies.