Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute meme.

029D8941-2E1B-4053-A86D-757FF4E1ECA9.webp

I'm not a fan or him or of the appointment BUT the problem isn't whoever we have as Head Coach.

This is a really poorly run club, consistently bad recruitment, no long-term thinking. The ownership is so naive, they throw money at individuals hoping they can magic everything into place. It takes the right plan, the right people, and time.

Everton are so far behind the times in terms of headcount and departments behind the scenes.

We are a DCL injury away from a relegation fight.
Agree, but the guy who runs the club also appoints the manager.

They are all fair points but you can draw a list up of every available manager we could have realistically gone for this summer:

Moyes:

1. Won nothing in a decade at the club
2. Said nasty things about us when he joined Utd
3. Got relegated with Sunderland and done nothing at Utd and Real Sociedad

Nuno:

1. Largely only signs players Mendes has on his books
2. Wants 50 back room staff
3. Never won a trophy of note
4. Couldn't take Wolves further than 7th

Potter:

1. Struggles in handling pressure from Brightons fans
2. Has the best recruitment system of all time at Brighton yet only finishes in the bottom 6
3. Only manager in history to lose a game of football after the final whistle had blown

Pulis/Alladyce speak for themselves and Favre bottled the Palace job last minute and done a runner he wouldn't have lasted two minutes the moment our fans turned nasty.

Im not a Benitez fanboy I never wanted him here I was all for a punt on Galtier but the reality is he's here, he is similiar in style to Ancelotti who had the squad in the talk for Europe and he's a no nonsense manager who wont let the squad run rings around him.

Get behind him instead of trying to undermine him and the club before a ball has even been kicked.
You cant help yourself can you ?
At no point was I comparing him with who we could or should have got.

You really dont understand the consequences that are about to unfold.

This & only this
He is not the man for this job.

Last edited:

You cant help yourself can you ?
A no point was I comparing him with who we could or should have got.

You really dont understand the consequences that are about to unfold.

This & only this
He is not the man for this job.

There. Was/is. No. Right. Man. For. This. Job.

Sooner you accept that the easier it becomes - unless you were living in a cave and missed Carlo Ancelotti managing Everton and finishing 10th & 12th.

Ha Ha Ha.

Still supporting that rat.

He didn't have a clue how to manage at this level. Not one.

Thanks for the derby win, but made up the fraud has beat it back to Madrid.

For his previous record, experience and the way he handled himself in interviews, he came under minimal pressure from fans last season.

But i have no doubt if the fans were all in the ground at the back end of last season he would have been getting tore apart by the terraces.

The football was as bad as anything Alladyce or Smith served up.

I hope Rafat let you up off your knees to address me. Or you still down there begging for forgiveness
Top 10. That's all this manager has to get and he's here again next season.

I'm ok: if he does get top 10, I still have a team to support; if he doesn't and he goes, I'll still have a team to support.

You and the others who want the team beaten though have no team until he goes...although how anyone can switch that support on and off is beyond me - you're either a supporter of a football team or not.

Turning your back on your team because they have a manager you dont like = an infantile disorder.

They are all fair points but you can draw a list up of every available manager we could have realistically gone for this summer:

Moyes:

1. Won nothing in a decade at the club
2. Said nasty things about us when he joined Utd
3. Got relegated with Sunderland and done nothing at Utd and Real Sociedad

Nuno:

1. Largely only signs players Mendes has on his books
2. Wants 50 back room staff
3. Never won a trophy of note
4. Couldn't take Wolves further than 7th

Potter:

1. Struggles in handling pressure from Brightons fans
2. Has the best recruitment system of all time at Brighton yet only finishes in the bottom 6
3. Only manager in history to lose a game of football after the final whistle had blown

Pulis/Alladyce speak for themselves and Favre bottled the Palace job last minute and done a runner he wouldn't have lasted two minutes the moment our fans turned nasty.

Im not a Benitez fanboy I never wanted him here I was all for a punt on Galtier but the reality is he's here, he is similiar in style to Ancelotti who had the squad in the talk for Europe and he's a no nonsense manager who wont let the squad run rings around him.

Get behind him instead of trying to undermine him and the club before a ball has even been kicked.
Why do you think there are only 4/5 managers in the whole world?

For his previous record, experience and the way he handled himself in interviews, he came under minimal pressure from fans last season.

But i have no doubt if the fans were all in the ground at the back end of last season he would have been getting tore apart by the terraces.

The football was as bad as anything Alladyce or Smith served up.
It was dreadful. His stature saved him.

People in raptures when he sipped his coffee when we scored last season and went all gooey over how *cool* he was with his non-reaction.

He wasn't being cool, he just couldn't give a flying one. We meant nothing to Ancelotti beyond a big fat cheque. Hels probably pissing himself at having mugged that nobhead Moshiri off.

And people here would have him over Benitez who's prepared to work his bollocks off to get us results.

They can GTF.

Why do you think there are only 4/5 managers in the whole world?

We haven't the money to pay a manager out of a job this summer we can't afford to sign a RB! After the Silva debacle with Watford I imagine the club wont want to get embroiled in another tapping up scandal either.

It was dreadful. His stature saved him.

People in raptures when he sipped his coffee when we scored last season and went all gooey over how *cool* he was with his non-reaction.

He wasn't being cool, he just couldn't give a flying one. We meant nothing to Ancelotti beyond a big fat cheque. Hels probably pissing himself at having mugged that nobhead Moshiri off.

And people here would have him over Benitez who's prepared to work his bollocks off to get us results.

They can GTF.

Correct, cool and relaxed to the point of being negligent in performing the duties required of him.

To be fair, given his standing in the game its no shame to admit we were duped. But there would have been no hiding if he had carried that form into the following season.

He's as bad as Koeman. But at least he was honest enough to not even pretend he liked us.

We haven't the money to pay a manager out of a job this summer we can't afford to sign a RB! After the Silva debacle with Watford I imagine the club wont want to get embroiled in another tapping up scandal either.
Potter was in a job, Moyes was in a job, we are paying twice the wages Rodgers is on and you throw the same names out everytime,we have employed a manager that splits the fan base, yet hes not expected to do anything, at a minimum he should finish no lower than Ancelotti

Potter was in a job, Moyes was in a job, we are paying twice the wages Rodgers is on and you throw the same names out everytime,we have employed a manager that splits the fan base, yet hes not expected to do anything, at a minimum he should finish no lower than Ancelotti

When Benitez is given £65+ million to spend then we can start comparing the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back