Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's how bad the moaners are: going into next weeks match against S'ton under normal circumstances I'd have been pretty much open minded about judging the manager - given his former connections and the fact he's a bit of a cold fish and a mercenary. As I've said loads of times - I have no dog in this fight...he does well and stays or he craters us and he leaves. However, the repellent way many have acted - actually REVELLING in Everton getting a mauling today - has turned me 100% toward the Benitez IN camp.

...and I dont think I'm alone.

You've sickened your own supporters. Well done. And if we do well under Benitez you wont be able to enjoy it and you have no team. That's 'kin clever isn't it?
Nails it

So if it was anyone other than FSW they'd get time?
In my opinion they would if he had put the home performances Carlo did with people allowed into the ground he probably would have gone .to put benitez in charge and not back him or be able to back him is putting a lamb out to slaughter

No, the reverse. I think we should all get behind the team and whoever it's manager is.

Maybe that's old fashioned?
Thing is mate, the tone and content of what you say on pretty much most topics comes across as a bit inflammatory and deliberately devicive. Not after an argument here, it's just the way it comes across. That makes it difficult to pull together and find common ground.

I am really not sure even moshirri believes he is the right man for the job .in all honesty he is the last person I would want managing us but ultimately I want us winning games and can see past who is managing us .it's the most decisive appointment I have known in my 50years of following Everton and his only chance is to win some games it's absolutely black and white win games gain some time lose games then it's over in pretty quick time
I've thought this all along and I was convinced he'd get a massive war chest.
The board and Benitez must know that he will not be afforded the honeymoon period by the supporters any other manager would get.
It's a strap he situation for sure.

Thing is mate, the tone and content of what you say on pretty much most topics comes across as a bit inflammatory and deliberately devicive. Not after an argument here, it's just the way it comes across. That makes it difficult to pull together and find common ground.
On the football - I always back the manager and the team. I'll back the manager until they really prove themselves inept; I'll back the team but always reserve the right to have a go at individual players.

All these people are cogs in the machine for me. I see nothing but the club - and any part of the machinery that needs tearing out and replacing will get called out.

Why can't we just roll the dice and find out ?
Nobody to date ha fallen foul of the PL P&S Rules, so it we we did/do become the first to breach them, the likelihood would be a transfer ban to prevent us continuing the kind of spending on players that could/will see us breach the rules... and/or a significant fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back