Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
The blokes no different to any other manager and if he fails its no different than what's come before him in Martinez, Koeman, Silva and Ancelotti.

People are making mountains over molehills with his RS past - just call him ex Chelsea manager that will make you feel much better.
Couldnt care less who he managed personally , but what i do know is.

He falls out with every club due to money.
He blames everyone else when its wrong.
He got Newcastle relegated from a very saveable position.
He is a has been uses archaic tactics and not won anything for beards.
Put a very good Dalian team bottom of the lge in China.
He was & is a truly devisive character.

And without stating the truly obvious belitting remarks years ago this was never going to be a popular appointment.

If you dont understand this or know what a truly toxic Goodison and unforgiving fanbase would do to this club you really dont understand the situation.

Very poor & needless appointment.

Marco Silva used to be an extremely diligent worker who put in serious hours.

He was still terrible.

Efficient and effective over exhaustive and er, crap every time
Wasn't much in evidence at FF training days I was fortunate to attend, at least Benitez is hands-on with the players in that respect.

In my opinion they would if he had put the home performances Carlo did with people allowed into the ground he probably would have gone .to put benitez in charge and not back him or be able to back him is putting a lamb out to slaughter

The counter to Carlos home form was the ridiculous away form where he had us smashing club records all over the shop.

But you are correct. Would be irresponsible as an owner to employ someone that divides a fan base then NOT back him.

The counter to Carlos home form was the ridiculous away form where he had us smashing club records all over the shop.

But you are correct. Would be irresponsible as an owner to employ someone that divides a fan base then NOT back him.
Without a doubt the away form was superb and if our home form was half as good as that we would probably be in the champions League as mad as that sounds ,but even under Carlo last season with people in the ground it would not have been pretty

On the football - I always back the manager and the team. I'll back the manager until they really prove themselves inept; I'll back the team but always reserve the right to have a go at individual players.

All these people are cogs in the machine for me. I see nothing but the club - and any part of the machinery that needs tearing out and replacing will get called out.
I mean no issues with that first paragraph there, think that's what we all want but we have different levels of tolerance on those topics, and for some those tolerances have already been hit with certain employees.

If by 'these people' you mean us lot on here, then I guess that's where we differ. I'd never replace or rip out a single blue, yourself included, regardless of their views on the club. I've vehemently disagreed with a number on here, taken the pi$$ a but too truth be told, but to me our differences make us richer, although sadly not in a ffp type of way. Let he without sin cast the first stone I guess, something I need to remember on here too as well from time to time.

Equally if I've totally misunderstood that 2nd paragraph just ignore what I just said

Not just him but us. He’ll be fine.

Oh yes, if he's not given any backing then the most he can be expected to achieve is to maintain our current position in the short term.

And if we go our separate ways in this instance he could move on financially and reputation intact and we will just have tread water for a couple of years to start the whole cycle again with the next chosen one.

Without a doubt the away form was superb and if our home form was half as good as that we would probably be in the champions League as mad as that sounds ,but even under Carlo last season with people in the ground it would not have been pretty
Going into March we had won 12 in 19; we for some bizarre reason fell off a cliff in the final 2 months

Couldnt care less who he managed personally , but what i do know is.

He falls out with every club due to money.
He blames everyone else when its wrong.
He got Newcastle relegated from a very saveable position.
He is a has been uses archaic tactics and not won anything for beards.
Put a very good Dalian team bottom of the lge in China.
He was & is a truly devisive character.

And without stating the truly obvious belitting remarks years ago this was never going to be a popular appointment.

If you dont understand this or know what a truly toxic Goodison and unforgiving fanbase would do to this club you really dont understand the situation.

Very poor & needless appointment.

They are all fair points but you can draw a list up of every available manager we could have realistically gone for this summer:

Moyes:

1. Won nothing in a decade at the club
2. Said nasty things about us when he joined Utd
3. Got relegated with Sunderland and done nothing at Utd and Real Sociedad

Nuno:

1. Largely only signs players Mendes has on his books
2. Wants 50 back room staff
3. Never won a trophy of note
4. Couldn't take Wolves further than 7th

Potter:

1. Struggles in handling pressure from Brightons fans
2. Has the best recruitment system of all time at Brighton yet only finishes in the bottom 6
3. Only manager in history to lose a game of football after the final whistle had blown

Pulis/Alladyce speak for themselves and Favre bottled the Palace job last minute and done a runner he wouldn't have lasted two minutes the moment our fans turned nasty.

Im not a Benitez fanboy I never wanted him here I was all for a punt on Galtier but the reality is he's here, he is similiar in style to Ancelotti who had the squad in the talk for Europe and he's a no nonsense manager who wont let the squad run rings around him.

Get behind him instead of trying to undermine him and the club before a ball has even been kicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back