Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we really do have a decent amount to spend on transfers next summer, the last thing we should do is allow Benitez to spend it. He is, at best, a short term appointment here, he may well turn out to be very short term, time will tell. The idea of allowing somebody to spend a large sum when he will be into the last year of his contract contract 12 months later, if, by some miracle he manages to see out the full term of his contract, would be madness.

This would put us right back to square one, we get shut of the last of Koeman/ Walsh’s overpaid plodders and let Benitez bring in his own set with just 2 years, at the very most, left in the job. I think it would be far better to wait until he is gone before opening the purse strings. God knows this is bad enough, we don’t want to go through it all again when he goes.

I'm pretty sure we have a manager who does not accept anything other than 100% effort. And I look forward to him hanging out to dry any of the wasters who think they can take the p***. They'd probably run over any other manager we appointed. He's the best man for the job.
Do you think he will drop players in large numbers, say 5/6 at a time?
Do you think the likes of Gomes, Iwobi, Delph will be shocked into trying harder/playing better by being dropped?

If we really do have a decent amount to spend on transfers next summer, the last thing we should do is allow Benitez to spend it. He is, at best, a short term appointment here, he may well turn out to be very short term, time will tell. The idea of allowing somebody to spend a large sum when he will be into the last year of his contract contract 12 months later, if, by some miracle he manages to see out the full term of his contract, would be madness.

This would put us right back to square one, we get shut of the last of Koeman/ Walsh’s overpaid plodders and let Benitez bring in his own set with just 2 years, at the very most, left in the job. I think it would be far better to wait until he is gone before opening the purse strings. God knows this is bad enough, we don’t want to go through it all again when he goes.
I think (hope!) this is actually what the board are doing. Bring the kopite in as some kind of lame duck, who no one will complain about not being supported financially, because of who he is, sack him after a year when much of the overpaid nonsense have walked and start again with a 'wanted' manager.

I dread to think of him being allowed a second season, as we probably would have to open the purse strings for him - something which a failed Chinese manager such as himself should never be afforded the luxury of.

Not without electrodes on my testicles.

giphy.gif

I think (hope!) this is actually what the board are doing. Bring the kopite in as some kind of lame duck, who no one will complain about not being supported financially, because of who he is, sack him after a year when much of the overpaid nonsense have walked and start again with a 'wanted' manager.

I dread to think of him being allowed a second season, as we probably would have to open the purse strings for him - something which a failed Chinese manager such as himself should never be afforded the luxury of.
Would they not just hire Duncan Ferguson on the cheap or some other no mark? That theory is way too elaborate.

Would they not just hire Duncan Ferguson on the cheap or some other no mark? That theory is way too elaborate.

As if the club would appoint a bloke for 12 months and then need to pay him and his staff off about £10 million+ when we cant even afford £15 million for a much needed RB.

Kev drinking the Kool Aid still by the looks of things lol

I think (hope!) this is actually what the board are doing. Bring the kopite in as some kind of lame duck, who no one will complain about not being supported financially, because of who he is, sack him after a year when the overpaid nonsense have walked and start again with a 'wanted' manager.
It’s the only sane reason I can see for this appointment, he has been brought in to steady the ship and take the stick from the fans on the board’s behalf, while the club get the finances under control. I also think he was made aware by the board that there would be no money to spend other than that generated by sales.

This will probably be a suitable arrangement for both parties. Make no mistake, we are just one last big payday for Benitez before retirement.

So, Allan and James are clapped out and are completely different players to 3 months ago? That is your thesis? Townsend is over 30 now, is he also done in your eyes?
no, they were both rubbish three months ago. they were great a year ago for a few weeks. Not sure what you mean by my thesis, just that we had quite a weakened team out at the weekend, for a number of reasons.

so we hire Benitez, and your advice for a successful outcome is not to give him any money.
Hmm, well it's certainly a point of view, one I hope not shared at FF.

As if the club would appoint a bloke for 12 months and then need to pay him and his staff off about £10 million+ when we cant even afford £15 million for a much needed RB.

Kev drinking the Kool Aid still by the looks of things lol
No mate - we've heard that argument with Koeman, Silva, Martinez on multiple occasions. The board wont sack them, too much money invested, give them time blah blah blah.

All of that was proven wrong in the face of fan pressure - indeed even Moshiri stated in his interviews that perceived fan resistance stopped him from hiring Moyes, and that the Everton job was one of the toughest in all of football due to fan expectation.

Added to the fact that the RS are not exactly struggling themselves at present which ramps up demand from the fans, and I think its you who are drinking the kool-aid if you think some Kopite Waiter is on easy street here.

so we hire Benitez, and your advice for a successful outcome is not to give him any money.
Hmm, well it's certainly a point of view, one I hope not shared at FF.
you think this board has a long term vision beyond the stadium?

Look at the seemingly indiscrimate player transfer strategy that has been in place since Moshiri took over - it suggests otherwise I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back