Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
you think this board has a long term vision beyond the stadium?

Look at the seemingly indiscrimate player transfer strategy that has been in place since Moshiri took over - it suggests otherwise I'm afraid.
the board.s only strategy should be to hire a decent manager and then let him make the football calls

the board.s only strategy should be to hire a decent manager and then let him make the football calls
100% agreed

And that is exactly the strategy that this board have not pursued.

A brave man to suggest that after 5 years of total mismanagement by Moshiri that things are going to change now.

I would suggest that cutting off the funds, especially to an unwanted manager, who the fans have already turned on, is not neccessarily unwise actually.

so we hire Benitez, and your advice for a successful outcome is not to give him any money.
Hmm, well it's certainly a point of view, one I hope not shared at FF.
I think that as far as the club are concerned, keeping us mid table while not spending money is a successful outcome. It’s not my advice by any means, my advice would have been don’t hire him under any circumstances as I don’t think he is capable of giving us a successful outcome. The board seem to disagree and the only reason I can see is that they see him as a steady hand for a couple of seasons while they cut our squad size and wage bill.

100% agreed

And that is exactly the strategy that this board have not pursued.

A brave man to suggest that after 5 years of total mismanagement by Moshiri that things are going to change now.

I would suggest that cutting off the funds, especially to an unwanted manager, who the fans have already turned on, is not neccessarily unwise actually.
I don't think the fans have turned on him, I hope not anyway, the season hasn't even begun! if they do turn on him and force him out, the chances we get relegated increase fivefold.

I think that as far as the club are concerned, keeping us mid table while not spending money is a successful outcome. It’s not my advice by any means, my advice would have been don’t hire him under any circumstances as I don’t think he is capable of giving us a successful outcome. The board seem to disagree and the only reason I can see is that they see him as a steady hand for a couple of seasons while they cut our squad size and wage bill.
I think this is it. And also, they wont have any problem in getting shot of him if things go badly - he can be blamed as 'Agent Benitez' to the fans, which gives the board a pass as well.

you must have been so surprised when he won all those trophies, this deadbeat manager we've been saddled with.

the blokes a dinosaur mate, I mean he's of the Allardyce generation and his footballs not far off it either.
well Ferguson is of the Allardyce generation, but he also won one or two pots along the way.
you will not find any fan from any club he has ever managed comparing him to Allardyce, not one.

No, I wasn’t actually, it was a long time ago and achieved at clubs where he could spend big money. Look at his recent record, tells a different tale. He’s a busted flush who thought he had had his last big pay day in China and then, to his surprise and delight, landed another one at Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back