Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
theyve played in it five times in the last twenty, so yes not half the time but they've been there a fair few times.

You’ve got to go back to pre-Abramovic times for over half of those. Benitez’s Chelsea team were reigning European Champions, of course they were going to win the bloody Europa League, they should never have been in it in the first place.

nothing, he's never won a thing. Which is why it's nonsense to compare him with Benitez
The comparison is based on footballing styles, I would say and BOTH have dire footballing styles, when has anyone been excited to watch either of their respective teams? One has had some success with a limited style of play, the other one, loves Gravy!

You’ve got to go back to pre-Abramovic times for over half of those. Benitez’s Chelsea team were reigning European Champions, of course they were going to win the bloody Europa League, they should never have been in it in the first place.
you make the europa cup sound like third prize in a raffle. It' was a significant achievement by Benitez to win it. Not to be compared to his CL win, or even getting to a CL final, but still a very definite feather in his cap. I mean, now many european trophies have Chelsea won, three? well Rafael won one of them in his six months there. With the fans baying for his blood.

you make the europa cup sound like third prize in a raffle. It' was a significant achievement by Benitez to win it. Not to be compared to his CL win, or even getting to a CL final, but still a very definite feather in his cap. I mean, now many european trophies have Chelsea won, three? well Rafael won one of them in his six months there. With the fans baying for his blood.

They’ve won 6 including the CWC twice. 7 if you want to include the Super Cup.

The comparison is based on footballing styles, I would say and BOTH have dire footballing styles, when has anyone been excited to watch either of their respective teams? One has had some success with a limited style of play, the other one, loves Gravy!
I don't recall Liverpool fans, any of them complaining about a dire style of play, do you? I don't recall anyone criticising Liverpool for being dire to watch when he was there either.

They've won 6 (excluding super cups)

Why are you going back so far? His Newcastle team were disgusting to watch.
well let's see how any good manager gets on, when they take over a team heading for relegation and then arent given any money to spend. he got them back up and midtable, for which the fans up there were very grateful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back