Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Torres £20.2m, Mascherano £18.6m, Alonso £10.7m, Kuyt £9m, you have to also take in consideration when they were bought. Here's a list of his RS signings.

That's quite incomplete. E.g. he bought Raheem Sterling & Mascherano but their selling price is not added tot that list. That's 65 million...

Torres £20.2m, Mascherano £18.6m, Alonso £10.7m, Kuyt £9m, you have to also take in consideration when they were bought. Here's a list of his RS signings.

Those signings ranged from Everton bad to excellent. Wonder which end of the spectrum he'll go for here...

I love being told to judge him on his time here and give him a chance because all the negative and rubbish stuff in his past was someone else's fault, but the same people telling me this keep shouting about all the things they see as positive from his past which is apparently all down to him and him alone and can't accept the negative stuff.

Why should I accept it if they can't?

Just carry on giving your opinions whatever they are. It’s a forum.

lol lol lol

He took over after game 29. At the time Newcastle were 1 point behind 17th placed Sunderland, but Newcastle had a game in hand having only played 28.

After game 37, they were 4 points behind Sunderland and relegated with a game of the season still remaining.

So yeah. I'd say Benitez got them relegated. When he took over it was still in his hands.
the last ten games their comparable record was sunderland got two more points. Sunderland had a much easier run in and Allardyce had the considerable advantage of having been there much longer, with the benefit of the january window to get the players in he wanted.

the last ten games their comparable record was sunderland got two more points. Sunderland had a much easier run in and Allardyce had the considerable advantage of having been there much longer, with the benefit of the january window to get the players in he wanted.
Are you worried at all that this is all just actually a revenge ploy by benitez? As we bottled it against Sunderland and lost 3 nil on the final day.

You are somewhat bending the facts a little to support your narrative, I get that you want, for some reason to defend his "record" but the FACT IS , HE got them relegated, not what went before.

He was brought in to do a job in what was a more favourable position league, points and game wise and HE failed. That is what is the history books will record.

Thre is no way around that FACT.

Torres, Mascherano, Agger, Xabi Alonso, Insigne, Kuyt, Lucas, Koulibaly, ...
Dubravka and Almiron at NUFC, both are good purchases considering the budget he was on. And obviously om forgetting other players (Higuain)

Most of them were unknown until unearthed by Benitez, whilst never having the cashflow of the Manchester clubs

The entire NUFC Point is not valid. Just dive into the Newcastle Chronicle archive.. you'll find how well liked he was.

Give him five years and i'll suspect kopites wont be flying his flag anymore...
Sorry I've just seen the "most of them were unknown" bit

Torres who was a highly rated player at Atletico Madrid.

Mascherano who had been amazing for West Ham.

Alonso had finished 2nd with Sociedad and was playing CL football with them when Benitez signed him.

He didn't sign Insigne he was a youth product of the Napoli academy after signing in 2006 at 15.

Agger, Kuyt, and Lucas were all overrated crap players bigged up by the RS support.

Almiron has been poor for the money spent. Dubravka hasn't really impressed beyond his first year in the prem

So that said, you're left with Koulibaly who is a good player and was relatively unknown when Benitez signed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back