Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I'm highlighting the difference in the clubs PR. They've cacked the bed on this - totally the wrong way to sell this to the fans.

It comes across like the club is as gutted about it as the fans are.
It doesn't matter how they dress it up, It's already case closed for certain people.

Speaking to evertontv in his first interview as Everton boss, Benitez said: “You can see the ambition is there. This club is growing.

“For me, it is about bringing the winning mentality, being competitive, so everything is in place on the pitch and off the pitch.

“I love the passion of the people behind the Club. I know the city, I know Scousers, I know what it means for every fan here to compete and to have the chance to win. To come to Everton is something that means a lot, for sure.

“You can see the ambition of the owner, of the Board, everybody wants to be better and to go to the new stadium with a massive boost.

“I like to compete. I like to win. I came from the academy at Real Madrid [as a young player and coach], and the winning mentality is already there.

“We [myself and my coaching staff] have won 13 titles because we have this mentality and I still want to win.

“And I have come to Everton because I liked the idea to be competitive again – and to have the chance to compete in every game, to compete against anyone.”

ahahahahah they are even keeping Unnnnsy

What hope does anyone have that things will actually change.

Think that picture pretty much tells you why Benitez is our manager. Anybody else coming in would of wanted their own staff in key roles, Benitez coming from a position of weakness (desperate for a Premiership job, lives local) has agreed not to rock the boat in terms of personnel.

For me at least this appointment is about staying in the PL for the next 3 years.

Somewhere down this 3 year road the club will be sold as the new stadium opening draws closer.

Who's that kid next to Benitez? His son? I'm sick of sons after Davide.

E5IxozdXIAsp1Z6

MV5BNzQzOWUxYjAtY2IxMC00OTcxLTk1NmQtMWE4NjhkYzUyZmVkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTM1NjU3NDg@._V1_.jpg

the resemblance is uncanny

Status
Not open for further replies.