Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back so soon?
TBF he probably got tanked watching the Liverpool Brighton game and couldn't resist jumping back into some Benitez banter.

In other news some support for the manager from Allan on the main site.

We have been working very hard this week to improve. For example, when we go ahead in a game and are looking to get a positive result, we need to focus on the opposition's challenges we face and work hard, knowing we will be up against a lot of difficult situations.

It's about our mentality and we need to think positively, to believe in our work and our plan, and we can't be taken by surprise, like in the last game where we conceded four goals in the last 15 minutes.

We need to approach the game intelligently together as a team, following Rafael's instructions to have a great game and get the three points.

Rafael is a great coach. He has won a lot and has had a spectacular career.

His impact has generated a lot of enthusiasm among us players. We started the season really well but, unfortunately, we have had two ‘accidents' [the defeats to West Ham and Watford] along the path.

We now need to work hard and follow Rafael's directions to get over this spell we are having.

I believe Rafael's experience, together with the players and the hard work we put in, means we will have a good season.

The manager has added a lot. Sometimes he talks to all of us in the midfield to give guidance and sometimes he takes two or three players to one side to give some points on movement and what he wants to put in place.

We have tremendous potential to be fighting for the top positions in the league.

I've been supporting them regardless since 1973. Ive earned my right to pick and choose not to support a fat kopite managing the club.
Is that ok by you?

#LoveEverton,HateBenitez

Tommy, I absolutely respect your commitment and genuine support for this great Club.

I respectfully offer that I was seriously concerned when RB's name was touted, and actually dismissed the idea- that could never happen was my feeling.

At this remove, at the end of October, my reality is that there was no one available that would suit, that he actually began really well, that the subsequent injuries have proven disastrous, that he has inherited a mess which was caused by years of incompetence at many levels of the Club, and that, yes, his decisions in the last two games have been worrying.

I look with some trepidation to see how we perform tomorrow, but I cannot blame RB for the many abject displays by so many of our pampered overpaid squad.

With only a handful that really seem to care when we lose, he is dealing with a huge challenge to make a silk purse out of this sow's ear of a group.

Tommy, I absolutely respect your commitment and genuine support for this great Club.

I respectfully offer that I was seriously concerned when RB's name was touted, and actually dismissed the idea- that could never happen was my feeling.

At this remove, at the end of October, my reality is that there was no one available that would suit, that he actually began really well, that the subsequent injuries have proven disastrous, that he has inherited a mess which was caused by years of incompetence at many levels of the Club, and that, yes, his decisions in the last two games have been worrying.

I look with some trepidation to see how we perform tomorrow, but I cannot blame RB for the many abject displays by so many of our pampered overpaid squad.

With only a handful that really seem to care when we lose, he is dealing with a huge challenge to make a silk purse out of this sow's ear of a group.
Agree 100%

I can't get past him being a big fat kopite so on that basis I can never fully back him. I make no apologies for this as its just how I am.

Some things never change.
Kopites are gobshites.
Every last one of them.

Agree 100%

I can't get past him being a big fat kopite so on that basis I can never fully back him. I make no apologies for this as its just how I am.

Some things never change.
Kopites are gobshites.
Every last one of them.

How is he a Kopite? lol

He's Spanish and supports Real Madrid.

By your measurement Roberto Martinez and Sam Alladyce are Evertonians.

I totally would get it if Danny Murphy or Gerrard were in the dugout but your criteria of who is and isn't a kopite seems to be based if they have ever managed/played for Liverpool rather than the actual support.

How is he a Kopite? lol

I totally would get it if Danny Murphy or Gerrard were in the dugout but your criteria of who is and isn't a kopite seems to be based if they have ever managed/played for Liverpool rather than the actual support.
I am, apparently, stupider than your dog.

What do you honestly expect?

How is he a Kopite? lol

dancing-cabs-are-here.gif

I reckon most fall into three categories - Never Benitez, Wait and See and Full Benitez.

I'd actually say the 'silent majority', if such a thing exists, is the 'Wait and See's'.

You can't fault anyone's commitment to the club but the insults at the end of a decent post or the falsehoods (e.g. wanting Everton to lose) can only lead the debate in one way. It's unnecessary and certainly not the way to win a debate. In a pub, if anyone spoke that way, a punch up would have broken out 998 pages ago. Why act differently in here?

Just agree to disagree and 'Wait and See'. ?

Pretty much nailed it there mate. Exactly how i see it.

I reckon most fall into three categories - Never Benitez, Wait and See and Full Benitez.

I'd actually say the 'silent majority', if such a thing exists, is the 'Wait and See's'.

You can't fault anyone's commitment to the club but the insults at the end of a decent post or the falsehoods (e.g. wanting Everton to lose) can only lead the debate in one way. It's unnecessary and certainly not the way to win a debate. In a pub, if anyone spoke that way, a punch up would have broken out 998 pages ago. Why act differently in here?

Just agree to disagree and 'Wait and See'. ?
The Purplebelt Kid would have flattened everyone single handedly, and documented it all on his Digital SLR, while his dog pisses the quiz on it's own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back