2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking back to the old ToffeeWeb days, and when Everton finished 17th under Moyes - I didn't see many people openly call for the sack then.

Is it cool to have really reactionary views today?
Are you shocked that expectations have moved on in 20 years due to Moyes and other managers having us getting into European competition?

Or are we all supposed to disregard the last 20 years and go back to being happy to survive another season in the league? That seems to be what all these Benitez supporters are pushing for.

12th in the first season after the damage had already been done by the time he took over.

10th, and that was the lowest we fell in the table and only on the last day of the season. You lot would be planning a parade and getting your blue cardinal outfits dry cleaned if that was what we got from Benitez.

None of you are even backing this fraud to equal the massive failure of Ancelotti finishing 10th on 59 points. Not a single one of you thinks Benitez is going to better that or do you?
So you give him a free pass because of damage already done..... er hello?

Its not just that, the way he handled Josh King was disgraceful too and that has harmed us

They backed him because he had us competing for Europe until the last few matches of the season. Your rewriting of history is just farcical.

We never once looked at the relegation zone like we are now under him.

To be fair last season was the first season I started to go out of my way to not watch our games. We were so bad at playing football that even when we were 4th I knew we weren’t going to get Europe.

To be fair last season was the first season I started to go out of my way to not watch our games. We were so bad at playing football that even when we were 4th I knew we weren’t going to get Europe.
It wasn't pretty but it was effective for most of the season until the wheels fell off.

I'd take ugly wins and competing for europe over ugly football and bad results which is what we have now.

He knew we had a finished Coleman as first choice RB and captain
He knew we had Davies as back up
He knew we had no wingers that resemble footballers
He knew we had no back up for DCL
He knew he had no money to spend
He knew these players are gutless
He knew the fans would be against him
He knew he had to hit the ground running to get the fans onboard
He knew the owner and DoF were useless as we he wouldn't be inheriting all of the above

He knew what he was walking into and what he had to work with and he was happy to put pen to paper on his sweet multi million pound a year contract that got him 'home'
He also knew he didn’t want James and got rid before he entered the place.
1 win in 9, and that was against rock bottom Norwich
2 points out of a possible 18.
No idea where the next points are coming from with the very real possibility of less than 20 points at Christmas.

He's dismantled our ability to defend crosses and set-pieces, and our set-pieces up the other end (which used to get us out of jail) are pointless and easily dealt with, if we ever get that far up the pitch.

He got rid of a fair amount of the squad in the summer (including loaning out) which haven't been replaced, then uses squad size/quality as an excuse when we pick up some injuries.

We are just setting up to give the opposition the ball and the pressure, and hoping they don't score too many.

Do you think this is acceptable?
Don’t worry mate, everything is going to be fine when Mina, Doucoure and DCL return from injury but by then about another 3 or 4 will be out injured. Can’t keep blaming injuries on players being so poor on the pitch.

Carlo had injuries last season and had some poor performances, but he mixed that with some great results and had us pushing for Europe, got 59 points (which most years would've got European football). He done that with the same squad that Benitez now has, in fact we were told Benitez had improved the squad by replacing James and Sigurdsson with Townsend and Gray. How many points can people see Benitez get this season? 40?
Benitez has served up football as bad as anything we've seen and I've never seen apathy as bad among the fans, he's not a manager that can excite the fans.
The fact is he never shouldve been appointed, the fans are divided and if results continue as they are the unrest will grow.

1 win in 9, and that was against rock bottom Norwich
2 points out of a possible 18.
No idea where the next points are coming from with the very real possibility of less than 20 points at Christmas.

He's dismantled our ability to defend crosses and set-pieces, and our set-pieces up the other end (which used to get us out of jail) are pointless and easily dealt with, if we ever get that far up the pitch.

He got rid of a fair amount of the squad in the summer (including loaning out) which haven't been replaced, then uses squad size/quality as an excuse when we pick up some injuries.

We are just setting up to give the opposition the ball and the pressure, and hoping they don't score too many.

Do you think this is acceptable?
That's a caricature of what's happened.

The first team squad was pathetically bare when he inherited it - not helped by you know who being suspended.

He was handed £1.8M to spend in the summer...I'll say that again:

£1.8MILLION

The injuries right through the team has denied any sort of defensive solidity as DCL and Richarlison were key defenders from set pieces as well as our missing goals scorers, and Mina's absences have cratered us at the back.

Do you think your complete ignorance of what's happened in the last 3 months is acceptable?

Status
Not open for further replies.