2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who has Rafael improved? What plan is there? What style or identity is there? Has there been anything to suggest Rafael is capable of those things?
Rafael has been playing us a lot more agressive and evene turned a few games where we were behind into a winning game. How long since that has happened under previous managers? Its a [Poor language removed] squad with the little qualit we have, out injured. Good luck with a new manager.

We shouldn't have finished 10th last season though. We pretty much had Europe guaranteed by late March. The fall off was ludicrous but 4 points from 6 easily winable home games and we'd have been 7th

We did though mate! you cant pick and choose where we "should" finish to suit your argument.

We're a midtable club who sold top players like Lukaku, Gana, Stones and replaced them with average players like Toshun, Delph & Williams. Lost good squad players like Deulofeu, Zouma & Barkley and replaced them with more average players like Iwobi, Godfrey & Gomes.

People can keep moaning about the manager but the over riding problem at this club is the shocking recruitment.

It was a stupid appointment given fan opinion but had we got one of the other names in the frame (Nuno etc) and gave him 1.5 million quid to spend on a squad that finished 10th last season (and with our goalscorer injured all season so far pretty much), would we be much better off right now?
Who knows? Probably not, I would like to think that someone would have handled today and the Watford game better though.

Some fans would maybe be slightly less angry and more would be saying the manager needs time. That can be important though.

We did though mate! you cant pick and choose where we "should" finish to suit your argument.

We're a midtable club who sold top players like Lukaku, Gana, Stones and replaced them with average players like Toshun, Delph & Williams. Lost good squad players like Deulofeu, Zouma & Barkley and replaced them with more average players like Iwobi, Godfrey & Gomes.

People can keep moaning about the manager but the over riding problem at this club is the shocking recruitment.
Last season ended with a flounder, we’re not even half way through this one and we’re drowning.

I know that, it's not to 'suit an argument' at all. We got 59 points, that's the 2nd best of the Moshiri era. We should have got more but didn't and that was on Ancelotti and the players. 59 points usually gets you 6-8th, in all but 2 PL seasons I believe.

We're going to do well to get to the 47 points achieved by Allardyce and Silva/Ancelotti (in 2018-19) at this rate, but the squad has not suddenly become relegation fodder.

You banged on all summer about how it was great cause we'd got players who would RUN, RUN, RUN in. Well, look at Townsend today. He's bang average. Can't fault his effort, he's just a bang average player. RUNING, RUNNING, RUNNING only gets you so far, but that's our manager's entire ethos.

It was a stupid appointment given fan opinion but had we got one of the other names in the frame (Nuno etc) and gave him 1.5 million quid to spend on a squad that finished 10th last season (and with our goalscorer injured all season so far pretty much), would we be much better off right now?
Results and league position would probably be roughly similar, but the fan base wouldn't be split in half in the way it is, at each other's throat with an utterly toxic atmosphere that one derby hammering away from being lethal, that's for sure.

No but they help :D

It's alright, I've got the joy of writing a derby preview tomorrow Mac !

I'll write it for you mate

For the love of God, if your an Evertonian, burn your season ticket, chuck the TV through the window, smash the radio up with a hammer and shove your phone in the oven.

Find a secluded place in your house and don't crawl out until Thursday.

I know that, it's not to 'suit an argument' at all. We got 59 points, that's the 2nd best of the Moshiri era. We should have got more but didn't and that was on Ancelotti and the players. 59 points usually gets you 6-8th, in all but 2 PL seasons I believe.

We're going to do well to get to the 47 points achieved by Allardyce and Silva/Ancelotti (in 2018-19) at this rate, but the squad has not suddenly become relegation fodder.

You banged on all summer about how it was great cause we'd got players who would RUN, RUN, RUN in. Well, look at Townsend today. He's bang average. Can't fault his effort, he's just a bang average player. RUNING, RUNNING, RUNNING only gets you so far, but that's our manager's entire ethos.

I said that about Gray and stick by that - he's a top player and you need pace.

I repeatedly said Townie was a good SQUAD player and we needed another top RW coming in.

Which is why he wanted rid of Rodriguez so badly too, as he failed the running up and down the sand dunes until he passed out test.

BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS.

Status
Not open for further replies.