2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Benny has had six months in the job. was left a decent first eleven but unfortunately we have been plagued by injuries , he was given a massive 1.5 million transfer budget and a bunch of squad players that you couldn't sell for tuppence. We are not giving him a chance unless we give at least one transfer window and some money to spend. As a matter of interest who do you think would do a better job under the circumstances, waits with baited breath
Not seen 1.5 million before:oops: Surely 1.7 or even 1.8 but I am not having 1.5:coffee:

The media are creaming their pants at the prospect of us going down. I`m seeing a lot of interesting stats they are all bringing out now... Longest winless run in 16 years for going 7 without a win!!! When was the last time we went 11? That is facing us right now, maybe even worse than that!!!

ind26nsfol281.png
irrational to want him sacked though isn't it

He was given a massive 1.5 million transfer budget and a bunch of squad players that you couldn't sell for tuppence. We are not giving him a chance unless we give at least one transfer window and some money to spend. As a matter of interest who do you think would do a better job under the circumstances, waits with baited breath

During his interview process the transfer budget would have been discussed and he accepted the job with whatever they told him was available to spend, so lets not think that the budget was in any way a surprise to him.

He also carried out extensive research on the team he was looking to manage (apparently), so again this won't have been a surprise to him that the dross we have will be hard to shift out for any reasonable sum.

He was probably promised whatever was in the transfer pot and also what he could generate via player sales would be invested back into the team. That said, if he wants to make it to the next transfer window, then he better get something pulled out of the hat results wise pretty sharpish.

It is quite simple really. Dodgy appointment from the off. I thought nothing I can do about it so let’s see how he does he may surprise but no the polar opposite. Even if you ignore the baggage he brings you cannot defend the results even factoring in injuries, transfer budgets or whatever spin you care to use. It is not working and he needs to go and go quick before it is too late

The media are creaming their pants at the prospect of us going down. I`m seeing a lot of interesting stats they are all bringing out now... Longest winless run in 16 years for going 7 without a win!!! When was the last time we went 11? That is facing us right now, maybe even worse than that!!!
That's how the press works. They all want to be right and say I told you so.

Once they smell blood they're ruthless. They can't turn a blind eye to him for much longer.

Was probably brought in to fail whilst Moshiri stalled for time on the FFP side of things. Probably didn’t expect it to go this badly though.
I think that’s pretty much it. Was hoping that he would take the flak for no new signings - but not do so badly that he would actually be forced to remove the human shield. Unfortunately it’s gone about as bad and perhaps worse than everyone expected.

But if it doesn't bother you, let others be. If they want to be irrational about it, why not? Football is entertainment and an escape, let others use it for that in whatever way makes them happy. You don't need to constantly be on at them to feel like you say you now feel about it. Because the evidence is that you still get worked up about it by how you react in here.

If it doesn't bother you, stop responding about it all and let people get on with it if it's what helps them get through daily life.

We all love this club. It doesn't all have to be in the way you say you love it.

I dont personally care how someone chooses to support the club providing they aint giving the fanbase as a whole a bad name its more the "you ain't a proper supporter as you wouldn't cry into your pillow for weeks if we went down" type statements that I have to correct.

If you let Everton/football in general get you to the point where you're constantly unhappy/depressed you need to take a step back as its not worth it in the grand scheme of things.

As you say its an escape from reality but it sometimes can negatively shape your reality - I know I've been there many times with this club over the years.

I don't get why anyone is surprised by the reactions to the poor run and contemptuous of the calls for him to be sacked. It was all predictable back in August and one of two reasons not to hire Benitez in the first place. The other reason was that it was obvious he's not been any good for some time now.

Poor poor poor decision to hire him and the mess is as predictable as it is ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.