2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite my earlier misgivings about Benitez I now realise that I was wrong and that in actual fact he is the perfect manager for EFC at this time.
He will get the players fitter , better organised and motivated to play .
Clearly any ambition he had as a manager is however now compromised by his desire to live locally and still pick up a decent wedge.
Despite the club’s financial restrictions he will keep us in mid table until the new stadium is built , Moshiri cashes in and moves on.
In the meanwhile Benitez will toe the party line , pick up his big wedge and not be pressurised by the management.
I disagree.

He was always looking for a project: Newcastle isn't that far away but he left due to a lack of ambition by Ashley, despite all the love coming from the Geordies & the high wages.

His intentions are to win trophies, be succesful (I hope). What's better for the man's ego than reviving Everton?

Thought

Thought Bruce's record was about the same as benitez
Perhaps the stagnation, shitty buys, negative tactics? Perhaps it's because Bruce accepted to just keep the team lower-midtable until a takeover?

Makes me realise things could be worse: we could've had a Mike Ashley and Stevie Bruce (I think Kev the rat would've taken Bruce over Rafael).

Perhaps the stagnation, shitty buys, negative tactics? Perhaps it's because Bruce accepted to just keep the team lower-midtable until a takeover?

Makes me realise things could be worse: we could've had a Mike Ashley and Stevie Bruce (I think Kev the rat would've taken Bruce over Rafael).
That thread is one of the best reads had in ages.. they genuinely hate their club (as it is now) and to a man want to see Benitez do well.. I haven’t seen a manager that universally loved by the fan base in a long time having left.

I disagree.

He was always looking for a project: Newcastle isn't that far away but he left due to a lack of ambition by Ashley, despite all the love coming from the Geordies & the high wages.

His intentions are to win trophies, be succesful (I hope). What's better for the man's ego than reviving Everton?
Peut-etre , mais je ne suis pas convaincue. Please excuse my French Darren, its been too long Mon ami.

Nail on the head. Convenient and big final wedge .
THIS.

Ive said it before, he knew the score regarding the club’s finances and transfer budget when he came, his huge ego convinced him that he could make a hand of the job, even under those circumstances. He also had the security of knowing he is close to retirement, close to home, on a great wage and will get paid that wage even if he gets sacked.

The club, for their part, want to do something about our appalling finances and feel that bringing Benitez in will be a safe appointment, he may just get a tune out of the squad we have, if he doesn’t he probably won’t relegate us and he will take the flack off the fans for the unpopular decisions the club make.

No victims here apart from the fans. Benitez and the board have both gone into this with their eyes wide open.

THIS.

Ive said it before, he knew the score regarding the club’s finances and transfer budget when he came, his huge ego convinced him that he could make a hand of the job, even under those circumstances. He also had the security of knowing he is close to retirement, close to home, on a great wage and will get paid that wage even if he gets sacked.

The club, for their part, want to do something about our appalling finances and feel that bringing Benitez in will be a safe appointment, he may just get a tune out of the squad we have, if he doesn’t he probably won’t relegate us and he will take the flack off the fans for the unpopular decisions the club make.

No victims here apart from the fans. Benitez and the board have both gone into this with their eyes wide open.
We were the best job he was ever going to get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back