2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
in tears lollol… need to speak to admin. I note their swear filter is not activated..:rant:
Particular fan of this outburst

‘ I would stake everything I have that no player ever has said such glowing and respectful things about the fat, talentless, spineless, sycophantic, lickspittle tub of lard that manages (I apologise to managers everywhere for using this term) this current abhorrent version of NUFC.’

reminds me of Chicoazul’s wonderful Koeman descriptions…

‘ I would stake everything I have that no player ever has said such glowing and respectful things about the fat, talentless, spineless, sycophantic, lickspittle tub of lard that manages (I apologise to managers everywhere for using this term) this current abhorrent version of NUFC.’

Haha, tad heavy that lol

He may not be a great manager but he strikes me as a decent fella Bruce.. not sure he deserves that kind of vitriol tbh.

Have to give him credit for taking the job on with no transfer budget. I think it's clear why Carlo left now.
if anything madrid's transfer window was worse than ours

their net spend this transfer window was +42.3 mil in comparison to our net spend which was +5.4 mil (according to transfermarkt)

Madrid sold varane and odegaard and lost ramos on a free and their only money purchase was 18 year old camavinga on the last day of the transfer window

….love the Rondon comments about the first time he met Benitez, who drew goalposts and asked; “where do you put the ball and why?”

it’s everything I say about proper goalscorers having a picture in their mind of where they are, where the goal is and where the keeper is. No real need to look up.

The good ones do this naturally but I hope he’s using that exercise to get the likes of DCL to think about his finishing. Brilliant stuff.

It took me a few reads to realise that it wasn't about Benitez.

I don't think either the club or the manager would look at it that way.

The manager gets to work in the Premiership with a squad that already has a lot of talent. He would certainly like to have been able to spend more money but realises that isn't possible in the shorter term. He has decided on the players he wants to use and certainly James seems to be the big loser but just about everybody else has been involved on the pitch at some time since the start of the season.
Next season should see the final culling of unwanted players and possibly the return of a transfer budget at some level.

The owner/club have embarked on the new stadium project, the plan is ambitious but disastrous up to the appointment of CA.
We spent huge sums of money on players that were not good enough or just a bad fit for the club.
CA bought well (with Brands) and for most of the season was well placed for a European finish.

I think they have decided the model of experienced successful manager is the template to follow and Benitez fits that completely.
The fact that he was prepared to come knowing how tight the financial constraints would be made him an even clearer choice.
The plan will be to have a top four team for the opening of the new ground... time will tell on that one.
Benitez has this season to see how each player performs, next summer we will see players leave or stay depending on how they perform this season.
There will be further huge savings on wages in twelve months as a raft of players leave and the manager will have had twelve months to convince the owners that the purse strings should be opened again.
I would think about it this way: you're describing the tactics that will be implemented here, on both sides, to be successful. The question on the table is whether the present problems are insurmountable. Looking at the present squad, I would argue that it's a big uphill sled. Benitez is getting good mileage out of what we have right now. So did CA, at the start of last season.

We are thin at several positions. We have to make some big decisions next summer on key assets with two years left. A lot of the older members of the squad are out of contract two summers from now, so they'll have to be replaced or resigned with two more years of mileage on the odometer. We won't be sell-to-buy, but we'll probably have to sell a key player. The situation is recoverable, but we're going to have to make some shrewd buys. If it's any comfort, we're probably in a better long-run position than Arsenal, who have absolutely bled red ink since Wenger retired with nothing to show for it.

Despite my earlier misgivings about Benitez I now realise that I was wrong and that in actual fact he is the perfect manager for EFC at this time.
He will get the players fitter , better organised and motivated to play .
Clearly any ambition he had as a manager is however now compromised by his desire to live locally and still pick up a decent wedge.
Despite the club’s financial restrictions he will keep us in mid table until the new stadium is built , Moshiri cashes in and moves on.
In the meanwhile Benitez will toe the party line , pick up his big wedge and not be pressurised by the management.

Despite my earlier misgivings about Benitez I now realise that I was wrong and that in actual fact he is the perfect manager for EFC at this time.
He will get the players fitter , better organised and motivated to play .
Clearly any ambition he had as a manager is however now compromised by his desire to live locally and still pick up a decent wedge.
Despite the club’s financial restrictions he will keep us in mid table until the new stadium is built , Moshiri cashes in and moves on.
In the meanwhile Benitez will toe the party line , pick up his big wedge and not be pressurised by the management.
that's right. he's just here for the money and an easy life, and would never rock the boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back