2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rafael simply has to go, Newcastle turned to him when they sacked Steve McClaren in March 2016, at that point they were 1 point from safety with a game in hand, the teams around them were Villa (16 points), Norwich and Sunderland with Swansea and Palace further on.

He failed to go in and make a marked improvement hence they went down.....

This is my point he doesn`t improve teams unless you are continually chucking players at it, as bad as this squad is it should be doing better than it has, even with all the injuries, but Benitez has failed to deliver or find a solution to those missing.

Signing Rondon and playing him for most games is baffling to every Evertonian, playing Iwobi and Rondon against Brentford was just asking for trouble. Everyone in the whole football universe and beyond knew Liverpool will play 4-3-3 yet the FSW goes in 4-4-2 and being out numbered in Central Midfield purposely so it was no surprise when Henderson was the spare man piped up with a goal.

People say Benitez is a master tactician, he isnt, that is a myth and we have seen that first hand.

#BenitezOut, not THE problem just part of it.... Get Ten Hag, Potter, Lampard or Dyche and build the club from there. Seeing this clown on the sidelines makes my wee (For the want of a better word) boil.

Rafael simply has to go, Newcastle turned to him when they sacked Steve McClaren in March 2016, at that point they were 1 point from safety with a game in hand, the teams around them were Villa (16 points), Norwich and Sunderland with Swansea and Palace further on.

He failed to go in and make a marked improvement hence they went down.....

This is my point he doesn`t improve teams unless you are continually chucking players at it, as bad as this squad is it should be doing better than it has, even with all the injuries, but Benitez has failed to deliver or find a solution to those missing.

Signing Rondon and playing him for most games is baffling to every Evertonian, playing Iwobi and Rondon against Brentford was just asking for trouble. Everyone in the whole football universe and beyond knew Liverpool will play 4-3-3 yet the FSW goes in 4-4-2 and being out numbered in Central Midfield purposely so it was no surprise when Henderson was the spare man piped up with a goal.

People say Benitez is a master tactician, he isnt, that is a myth and we have seen that first hand.

#BenitezOut, not THE problem just part of it.... Get Ten Hag, Potter, Lampard or Dyche and build the club from there. Seeing this clown on the sidelines makes my wee (For the want of a better word) boil.
This is it for me people claiming everything will be fine when we have Dom or Mina back aren't looking at what he's doing with what he has. It's not good enough. He is so wedded to his ideas that he isn't picking systems that get the best from what he has. He keeps saying we will be better in the second half of the season but how on earth can he guarantee that when his tactics are hopelessly outdated?

The table and our position just doesn’t fit the narrative that we’ll get relegated. Despite this run of results we’re still 14th and five points clear. DCL back and even if we’re playing crap and nicking results we will not finish near the bottom three.
Trouble is we’re currently playing crap and not nicking any points and DCL reportedly may not be available until after Christmas.
I do not possess a crystal ball and so I cannot with any confidence predict our finishing position but I can observe that our form and trajectory is unremittingly downward at present.
I am very concerned that we will be immersed in a relegation battle by the New Year and it’s easier to drop into than to climb out of.

That's not being media savvy, it's stating the bleeding obvious.

In a week were hes increasingly under pressure and conveying a narrative that hes in alliance with the fans, while subversively criticising the board to create leverage for self preservation, so much divisiveness in one sentence, you know it, i know it and hes done it everywhere. His aim is to maintain his brand first and foremost.

Oh all he's got is his PR stunt now mate but thankfully most fans are now already not falling for it.

That's all he did in the summer, btw. Come in and say he'll get us to run more and fans lapped it up because you have people who genuinely think that's what footy is all about.

His career has been in regression a long time, he has maintained it for said long time by slight of hand and media manipulation, hes quite skilled at. It worth millions to him from one jobbing job, to the next.

Trouble is we’re currently playing crap and not nicking any points and DCL reportedly may not be available until after Christmas.
I do not possess a crystal ball and so I cannot with any confidence predict our finishing position but I can observe that our form and trajectory is unremittingly downward at present.
I am very concerned that we will be immersed in a relegation battle by the New Year and it’s easier to drop into than to climb out of.
Not sure what difference it will make if DCL ever gets back. Even when fit it will take while to get match fit so his potential influence on the team is delayed further. Also, confidence is so important in football in my opinion and by the time DCL gets back the confidence of the team will be zero, if it isn’t already there, and he can’t win matches on his own

Not sure what difference it will make if DCL ever gets back. Even when fit it will take while to get match fit so his potential influence on the team is delayed further. Also, confidence is so important in football in my opinion and by the time DCL gets back the confidence of the team will be zero, if it isn’t already there, and he can’t win matches on his own
This is it we aren't making chances what will Dom do feeding on scraps?

This is it for me people claiming everything will be fine when we have Dom or Mina back aren't looking at what he's doing with what he has. It's not good enough. He is so wedded to his ideas that he isn't picking systems that get the best from what he has. He keeps saying we will be better in the second half of the season but how on earth can he guarantee that when his tactics are hopelessly outdated?

I agree, did Rafael have a better or worse team than when we played Liverpool twice and took 4 points last season??? I`ll let everyone decide...

1638622740525.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back