2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a week were hes increasingly under pressure and conveying a narrative that hes in alliance with the fans, while subversively criticising the board to create leverage for self preservation, so much divisiveness in one sentence, you know it, i know it and hes done it everywhere. His aim is to maintain his brand first and foremost.
Same as at Newcastle... It will be the same over again, he will just tread water in mid table and blame the owners for not backing him to 100s of millions.

People say Benitez is a master tactician, he isnt, that is a myth and we have seen that first hand.
He's an out-dated, has-been manager who has been propped up by his sycophants in the media who control the "tactician" narrative around him and cream themselves silly everytime they mention that penalty shootout 17 years ago. Then along come clueless owners like Moshiri and the bloke at Beijing Rovers who buy this narrative, and keep his pockets full with as many millions as he can take them for. Rinse n Repeat all the way to the bank. ?

The table and our position just doesn’t fit the narrative that we’ll get relegated. Despite this run of results we’re still 14th and five points clear. DCL back and even if we’re playing crap and nicking results we will not finish near the bottom three.
Yes, 14th, but, level on both points and goal difference with 15th and 16th and 5 points ahead of Burnley, who have a game in hand of us, in 18th. We have taken 2 points from the last 24 on offer. Seems to fit with the narrative to me.

By the way playing crap and not nicking points is our current trend. DCL is not Ronaldo, he is a player who’s game is all about pace and physicality and who is coming back from a large muscle injury to his thigh. Don’t expect him to hit the ground running.

I don’t think we’ll go down either, but, the possibility worries me now, 6 weeks ago I’d have been confident we’d be ok, but, now I’m just not sure.

Yes, 14th, but, level on both points and goal difference with 15th and 16th and 5 points ahead of Burnley, who have a game in hand of us, in 18th. We have taken 2 points from the last 24 on offer. Seems to fit with the narrative to me.

By the way playing crap and not nicking points is our current trend. DCL is not Ronaldo, he is a player who’s game is all about pace and physicality and who is coming back from a large muscle injury to his thigh. Don’t expect him to hit the ground running.

I don’t think we’ll go down either, but, the possibility worries me now, 6 weeks ago I’d have been confident we’d be ok, but, now I’m just not sure.

There's usually a spell where we start wondering about relegation being a possibility. I expect things to pick up so we can get our customary lower mid table finish. There's plenty of teams who aren't very good in this league.

Trouble is we’re currently playing crap and not nicking any points and DCL reportedly may not be available until after Christmas.
I do not possess a crystal ball and so I cannot with any confidence predict our finishing position but I can observe that our form and trajectory is unremittingly downward at present.
I am very concerned that we will be immersed in a relegation battle by the New Year and it’s easier to drop into than to climb out of.

If I had a fiver for every time relegation was discussed on this forum over the years I would be pretty wealthy as a result.

We aren’t even in the bottom four, which we have been previously.

There's usually a spell where we start wondering about relegation being a possibility. I expect things to pick up so we can get our customary lower mid table finish. There's plenty of teams who aren't very good in this league.
Yeah teams like Watford and Brentford, I just don’t think we can take a chance on Benitez any more, he just keeps playing the same way week after week and gets the same result. How long before we are really in a relegation fight?

Yeah teams like Watford and Brentford, I just don’t think we can take a chance on Benitez any more, he just keeps playing the same way week after week and gets the same result. How long before we are really in a relegation fight?

I want Benitez gone for sure but I feel like we should hold on until either we are in a genuine battle to stay up and he looks incapable or the right man comes along.

I want Benitez gone for sure but I feel like we should hold on until either we are in a genuine battle to stay up and he looks incapable or the right man comes along.
I just don’t think we can afford to wait, can you honestly say that if we wait for another month we will be in a better position? In my view, we may be, but, the odds are against it and we may well be in the bottom 3 by then. I just think that now is the time.

I just don’t think we can afford to wait, can you honestly say that if we wait for another month we will be in a better position? In my view, we may be, but, the odds are against it and we may well be in the bottom 3 by then. I just think that now is the time.

Two wins and there'll be threads about Europe on here. What we want doesn't matter anyway. I suspect if we're without a win by the new year he will most definitely be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back