2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed Glen Johnson for a fee of £18m - which at the time was the 3rd highest for a RB (behind Dani Alves and Sergio Ramos).

£20m for Robbie Keane, before selling him 6 months later for an initial fee of £12m.

Sold Michael Owen for £8m and got Antonio Nunez in return as his replacement - played 27 times and scored once before being sold.

Aquilani for £20m, sent out on loan after 28 games and eventually sold for an 'undisclosed fee'.

His signings at Newcastle were absolutely average at best and ironically the worst ones were brought in for the highest fees. If he's left in charge of our transfers next this could be a disaster.
Average is hugely overstating it

Signed Glen Johnson for a fee of £18m - which at the time was the 3rd highest for a RB (behind Dani Alves and Sergio Ramos).

£20m for Robbie Keane, before selling him 6 months later for an initial fee of £12m.

Sold Michael Owen for £8m and got Antonio Nunez in return as his replacement - played 27 times and scored once before being sold.

Aquilani for £20m, sent out on loan after 28 games and eventually sold for an 'undisclosed fee'.

His signings at Newcastle were absolutely average at best and ironically the worst ones were brought in for the highest fees. If he's left in charge of our transfers next this could be a disaster.

Signed a few boss players at Napoli and also signed some world class talents like Torres, Alonso, Mascherano at the RS and also wanted Barry when he was in his prime.

His record isn't any worse than many others truth be told - would rather him than Brands picking the players.

Spurs pulled the plug on Nuno because there was no sign of improvement, that’s where we are at now with Benitez, I don’t like us sacking managers early in there reign but this time I think it’s needed ASAP.

Seasons only young - a suprise win tomorrow and we are 11th/12th with Palace away up next.

A win there and suddenly we are 9th-10th in the table with DCL and Mina to come back.

People need to just wait and see what happens its not the crisis many are making it out to be even though we can all agree the form is currently not good enough.

Spurs pulled the plug on Nuno because there was no sign of improvement, that’s where we are at now with Benitez, I don’t like us sacking managers early in there reign but this time I think it’s needed ASAP.

Nah - Nuno was openly like 5th choice for them. If that.

Not the same with Benitez. Totally different.

Even we binned Nuno off.

Seasons only young - a suprise win tomorrow and we are 11th/12th with Palace away up next.

A win there and suddenly we are 9th-10th in the table with DCL and Mina to come back.

People need to just wait and see what happens its not the crisis many are making it out to be even though we can all agree the form is currently not good enough.
Would you be still happy to back him if we lost the next two games

Signed a few boss players at Napoli and also signed some world class talents like Torres, Alonso, Mascherano at the RS and also wanted Barry when he was in his prime.

His record isn't any worse than many others truth be told - would rather him than Brands picking the players.

Alonso doesn't count considering he also ran him out of the club after falling out. Took them years to recover from losing him too.

Alonso was 17 years ago , torres 14 . Prior to us these are the fellas signings from 2016 .

Matt Richie £10m
Dwight Gayle £10m
Matz Sels £5m
Grant Hanley £5m
Ciaran Clark £5m
DeAndre Yedlin £5m
Daryl Murphy £3m
Mo diame £4.5m
Isaac Hayden £4m
Achraf Lazaar £2.5m
Jesus gamez free
Jacob Murphy £10.5m
Florian lejune £8.7m
Joselu £5m
Christian atsu £6m
Javier manquillo undisclosed
Mikel Moreno £6m
Martin dubravka £7m
Islam slimani (£2m loan )
Kenedy loan
Yoshi muto £9.5m
Salomon Rondon loan
Miguel almiron £21m
Ki Sung-yeung undisclosed
Fede Fernandez £6m
Fabian Schaar £3m

Dalian (excluding Chinese Nationals )

Rondon £16.44m
Sam larsson £4.5m
Marcus Danielson £4.5m
Jailson £4.05m

I think we can say gray for £1.7m looks decent . So what’s that One out of 30 ish , you can give him the Geordie keeper as well if you like .

Joke

Prior to us these are the fellas signings from 2016 .

Matt Richie £10m
Dwight Gayle £10m
Matz Sels £5m
Grant Hanley £5m
Ciaran Clark £5m
DeAndre Yedlin £5m
Daryl Murphy £3m
Mo diame £4.5m
Isaac Hayden £4m
Achraf Lazaar £2.5m
Jesus gamez free
Jacob Murphy £10.5m
Florian lejune £8.7m
Joselu £5m
Christian atsu £6m
Mikel Moreno £6m
Martin dubravka £7m
Kenedy loan
Yoshi muto £9.5m
Salomon Rondon loan
Miguel almiron £21m
Fede Fernandez £6m
Fabian Schaar £3m

Rondon £16.44m
Sam larsson £4.5m
Marcus Danielson £4.5m
Jailson £4.05m

I think we can say gray for £1.7m looks decent . So what’s that One out of 30 ish , you can give him the Geordie keeper as well if you like .

Joke
Rafael's at the wheel ?

Would you be still happy to back him if we lost the next two games

Im honestly not bothered if he went tomorrow or stayed the season, the problems run deeper than the manager.

I think given time and money to bring his own players in he could have us top half but if he gets that is another thong

Alonso was 17 years ago , torres 14 . Prior to us these are the fellas signings from 2016 .

Matt Richie £10m
Dwight Gayle £10m
Matz Sels £5m
Grant Hanley £5m
Ciaran Clark £5m
DeAndre Yedlin £5m
Daryl Murphy £3m
Mo diame £4.5m
Isaac Hayden £4m
Achraf Lazaar £2.5m
Jesus gamez free
Jacob Murphy £10.5m
Florian lejune £8.7m
Joselu £5m
Christian atsu £6m
Mikel Moreno £6m
Martin dubravka £7m
Kenedy loan
Yoshi muto £9.5m
Salomon Rondon loan
Miguel almiron £21m
Fede Fernandez £6m
Fabian Schaar £3m

Rondon £16.44m
Sam larsson £4.5m
Marcus Danielson £4.5m
Jailson £4.05m

Joke

Problem is your judging him based on the basket case club that was Mike Ashleys Newcastle.

I highly doubt he would have been given the green light to sign £25-30 million ballers under Ashely.

Status
Not open for further replies.