2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The amount of people asking for Villa spares is unprecedented, the belief he has handed back to the fan base is fantastic and the desire to watch us again is a reflection of this
A hefty load of hyperbole in this post.
We were two points better off at this stage last year and it still ended in massive disappointment.
I’d hold off the open topped bus parades for a few months if I were you.

A hefty load of hyperbole in this post.
We were two points better off at this stage last year and it still ended in massive disappointment.
I’d hold off the open topped bus parades for a few months if I were you.
People were offering over the odds for Leeds tickets not because of the new manager but because they hadn’t been to an away game since March 2020 .

The manager has started well but there seems to be a desire by some to twist everything into fitting their support for him .

typical inane comment from a typical buckethead
Not really, there is quite a few inconvenient home truths in that post. :D With regards to this you must all love Lord Benitez thing, Harry Catterick wasn't really liked by both the players and fans, and that didn't stop him, from being the second most decorated and successful manager in our history. Evertonians can be a tough crowd to please. Praise from us has to be earned imo.

The amount of people asking for Villa spares is unprecedented, the belief he has handed back to the fan base is fantastic and the desire to watch us again is a reflection of this
Once again today I was asked round here this week whether I was a red or a blue when I spoke. Of course as soon as I mentioned being a blue, I was met with “Oh that’s alright then….proper fans.”The passion of our fanbase can’t be bettered. I just hope and pray that in my lifetime we are once again dining at the top table in challenging for the games top honours. In nothing else our younger element of our fanbase deserve it.

Or alternatively, it's one of the more 'local' away games at less than 2 hours away, at half 5 on a Saturday so loads fancy a day on the sauce . Why wouldn't there be loads of people asking for spares??

I think it was more his house getting done over, his daughter threatened and his safe nicked that dampened his enthusiasm.
I don't think that is correct.

He jumped at the Madrid job when it was offered, he had asked his agent to ask Madrid about the job but probably never expected to get the job as he probably believed his chances of managing a club of that stature had passed.
I think he also realised the Everton challenge was bigger than he expected and just didn't have the stomach for a long term project, which is what Everton FC is.

I don't think that is correct.

He jumped at the Madrid job when it was offered, he had asked his agent to ask Madrid about the job but probably never expected to get the job as he probably believed his chances of managing a club of that stature had passed.
I think he also realised the Everton challenge was bigger than he expected and just didn't have the stomach for a long term project, which is what Everton FC is.

I think he was aware for some time the discontent with Zidane and was keeping his eye on it. He jumped damnquickly when Zidane was shoved. I believe he had been kept informed of what was happening ad to that the whole crew jumped with him, must have been aware.

….our fan base has been fantastic through some very poor times. To suggest demand is bubbling because of a Manager who has been in charge for 3 games does a disservice to our fans, especially those that always buy up the full allocation of away tickets.

Not everything good about our club is down to Benitez, even if we want his good start continue. A run of poor results will not impact demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back