2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another 7 days until we see his Everton again, cant wait, having Rafael as manager has made this crap international brake easier as we have something to look forward too

Said the same to my mate earlier - last season I genuinely wasn't arsed if I missed the start of a match etc. because you knew it was going to be the usual tedious football.

Now im excited to watch us as you know we'll at least be showing some kind of fight even if we dont get the 3 points.

Frustrating that Keane let us down against Leeds as we would be top of the table right now dreaming of what could be.

Oh I'm sure he is glad that Benitez is our manager, but his posting style and use of pet names are pure wind up. They have to be.
If it is a wind up he's been doing it for ages, he had pet names for everyone under Ancelotti and I'm pretty sure before that, too. Hats off to him if he's been keeping it going that long but I reckon he's just a sprocket wrench short of a full toolbox.

The litmus test will be his christmas decorations. Or when he gets a nosebleed
1748FDD6-C515-4BDC-964C-C9301C7AE468.webp

Yeap 100%. Nice one brands. He will oversee yet another failure.

Let's hope mosh is smart enough to give Benitez 3-4 years to grab this mess by the scruff of the neck and usher in a new era.
Spot on. Carlo had this squad fighting in among the top four up until a few weeks before the end of last season, and that was with some terrible luck with injuries.

As you say, if Benitez doesn't produce the same, especially as he's brought in his players who he has worked with before then he'll have to go. Hopefully, he'll win the league though.

Said the same to my mate earlier - last season I genuinely wasn't arsed if I missed the start of a match etc. because you knew it was going to be the usual tedious football.

Now im excited to watch us as you know we'll at least be showing some kind of fight even if we dont get the 3 points.

Frustrating that Keane let us down against Leeds as we would be top of the table right now dreaming of what could be.
Over the last week a lot of the squad wasnt away, we can be sure they will be working hard, not just for Rafael but for us too.
Monday is going to be electric under the floodlights.

Spot on. Carlo had this squad fighting in among the top four up until a few weeks before the end of last season, and that was with some terrible luck with injuries.

As you say, if Benitez doesn't produce the same, especially as he's brought in his players who he has worked with before then he'll have to go. Hopefully, he'll win the league though.
Aaahh man. Totally agree with you about the league. 100%. Don't get me wrong. 2022/23 when these beauts gets themselves in the championship. If he isn't chasing top four with them it has to be a failure. But I trust he get us promoted.

When Zidane took over, Real Madrid was in shambles and they looked like they'd be in Barca's shadows for decades. They looked utterly disjointed. Zidane came in and made them champions within a year, and the whole theory of Barca dominating went out of the window. Zidane had then never lost to Barca in the league.

If you could win trophies with Real, why has there never been another manager to emulate Zidane's achievements then? Poch couldn't even win the league with that stacked PSG side.

Well I was never given the chance mate. So I guess we'll never know ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back