2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said a few pages back im pleasantly suprised that the Red Echo hasn't been doing their best to try undermine the manager / fan the flames of discontent within the anti Benitez lot.

Very unusual tactic of them.
It's a no lose situation for that lot.

If he's successful; "Oh, they needed a Red to make them good enough for titles"

If he's not; "Not even our Greatest Red could help them"

On a hiding to nothing here.

Underwhelmed with the signings, obviously. Nothing yet been determined however I think the lack of transfer dealings will come back to haunt us down the line.

I and others certainly havent been 'proved wrong' just 3 games in.

Let's see where we are at Christmas.
Correct, nobody can be proved right or wrong after 3 games
lol lol lolYou obviously choosing Christmas as you know that Ancelotti was flying then. Desperate for a stick to beat Benitez withlollollol
Surely it should be let's see where we are at the end of the season?

Correct, nobody can be proved right or wrong after 3 games
lol lol lolYou obviously choosing Christmas as you know that Ancelotti was flying then. Desperate for a stick to beat Benitez withlollollol
Surely it should be let's see where we are at the end of the season?
I wanted Ancelotti gone well before the majority, but then why would Benitez neccessarily be struggling at christmas?

6 months in is a fair length of time, when compared to 3 games. Surely his fans would expect him to be doing well anyway - they seem to think he can do no wrong.

Understanding he has had a Zilch transfer budget unlike Carlo & past Managers recently who have wasted at least half a million on big wage long contracts with no sell on fee..... bar one ..... we sold to PSG ......Idressa Guaye ......
I will make no excuses for him, but what I will say is that I am already after only 3 games, being confronted by multiple posters giving it the 'I told you so', 'kneel before Benitez' speeches here.

6 months is an adequate time frame in which to judge him initially, and fair.
You posted "Surely his fans would expect him to be doing well anyway - they seem to think he can do no wrong."
my point is that is what fans do -surely .
Nothing to do with the rest of the post as I think putting any timeframe on any manager is daft ,I am not supporting him it is just things like the behaviour of the players ,injuries et al all have a bearing and render the time irrelevent or nonsensical .
If we would have given Howard a time to prove himself like that we would have far far less history of winning cups etc.

I will make no excuses for him, but what I will say is that I am already after only 3 games, being confronted by multiple posters giving it the 'I told you so', 'kneel before Benitez' speeches here.
At the end of the day he is a manager with pedigree .......he will be judged on results, but no big transfer signings like the other Mosheri era.......
Expect mid table again imo........

You posted "Surely his fans would expect him to be doing well anyway - they seem to think he can do no wrong."
my point is that is what fans do -surely .
Nothing to do with the rest of the post as I think putting any timeframe on any manager is daft ,I am not supporting him it is just things like the behaviour of the players ,injuries et al all have a bearing and render the time irrelevent or nonsensical .
If we would have given Howard a time to prove himself like that we would have far far less history of winning cups etc.
Not putting a timeframe on a manager is in itself a nonsense and likely constructed as an argument by you with Benitez specifically in mind.

No serious club doesn’t have a timeframe for a manager.

At the end of the day he is a manager with pedigree .......he will be judged on results, but no big transfer signings like the other Mosheri era.......
Expect mid table again imo........
Why? We have a squad full of high class International players, the way people bend over to say our players are only good enough for mid table makes me laugh.

We should be competing with most clubs in this league bar 3 or 4.

Carlo had this group of players top and fighting for 4th for the majority of the season.

Why? We have a squad full of high class International players, the way people bend over to say our players are only good enough for mid table makes me laugh.

Carlo had this group of players top and fighting for 4th for the majority of the season. & came 10th

Carlo had this group of players top and fighting for 4th for the majority of the season.
Then came 10th & ran for the hills - a boring disaster was Carlo .......good riddance ......

Then came 10th & ran for the hills - a boring disaster was Carlo .......good riddance ......
Yeah sound, but we still have a squad that should finish easily in the top half.

Its widely accepted that Carlo failed getting 10th, but then everybody is like "The squad is bad, poor Rafael can only finish mid-table", if hes a good manager he exceeds expectations, my expectation is a European league place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back