2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope i won't buy that crap .. numbers , cold numbers , so far he is behind. Lets see in a Few months. Heck he can win a cup, get into europe and Even finish 12th.. thats improvement.. don't we need money ? Europa gives it . Do que want to atract the Díaz of the world ? Europa puts You on the map...

Top 7 would be a massive achievement this season but not getting Europe won't be a failure based on the summers lack of investment.

8th-11th is acceptable in the managers first season which he looks likely to achieve if we get lucky with injuries.

Dont be fooled last season come the final game the fans were bemoaning our lack of quality/mentality in this squad and were calling for the club to back the manager to the hilt in the summer window.

Now all of a sudden the squad is great and Benitez should be competing with the Leicesters and Chelseas of the world.

Ludicrous imo.

Top 7 would be a massive achievement this season but not getting Europe won't be a failure based on the summers lack of investment.

8th-11th is acceptable in the managers first season which he looks likely to achieve if we get lucky with injuries.

Dont be fooled last season come the final game the fans were bemoaning our lack of quality/mentality in this squad and were calling for the club to back the manager to the hilt in the summer window.

Now all of a sudden the squad is great and Benitez should be competing with the Leicesters and Chelseas of the world.

Ludicrous imo.

Supposedly the squad is a lot stronger and better now than it was last season when we finished 10th and 6 pts off a Europa league place?

Supposedly the squad is a lot stronger and better now than it was last season when we finished 10th and 6 pts off a Europa league place?

Last season was all over the place mate no fans completely took the edge out of the games.

The stone cold steve austin reality is we have no right to demand europe until we are actually qualifying for it on a near consistent basis. We need to be aiming for it of course but the managers job wont be dependent on getting top 7 this season based on the summers outlay and rightfully so he wasn't backed even the most anti Benitez of fans can agree on that.

Last season was all over the place mate no fans completely took the edge out of the games.

The stone cold steve austin reality is we have no right to demand europe until we are actually qualifying for it on a near consistent basis. We need to be aiming for it of course but the managers job wont be dependent on getting top 7 this season based on the summers outlay and rightfully so he wasn't backed even the most anti Benitez of fans can agree on that.
And for the first time You admit raphatel should aim for europe ! /Bravo. Yes he should , and yes , his Job shouldn't be on the line just by missing europe , the "how" he misses it (if he ends up doing it) Will determine if he stays or no

And for the first time You admit raphatel should aim for europe ! /Bravo. Yes he should , and yes , his Job shouldn't be on the line just by missing europe , the "how" he misses it (if he ends up doing it) Will determine if he stays or no

Had Benitez just spent £100 million like those before him had done I would agree mate but he had the smallest budget in the league!!

This season is the definition of transition - improve the performances and mentality in the squad, guarantee mid table security whilst the new stadium is a further step closer to being built and we go again next summer and hope he will be able to spend.

Ludicrous imo.
We had a terrible end to the season and still finished 10th, why should we settle for less than that with the exact same players?

6 months is an adequate time frame in which to judge him initially, and fair.
That's weird, I'm pretty sure loads of posters here have defended past managers, arguing any manager needs at least 2 or 3 transfer windows before he's judged fairly.

Indeed, Ancelotti disciples we're bemoaning how unfortunate he was to have to work with players bought by, hang on.... 5 previous managers. Benitez has a similar problem, but it's 6!

You reckon Benitez gets one window with under 2 million pounds and three and a half months worth of matches before fair judgement is made?

Sound.

Last edited:

We get outspent by 19 clubs. Unbeaten in his first 4 games. Winning 3. 3 of the games have been away.

Its been desperate stuff from the defeated but christ you just know they're biggest moment of embarrassment has yet to come. As when we eventually lose they will pathetically be on here giving it large. They have been gagging for it and they won't care how ridiculous they are going to look.

I cant wait till we get beat. The shouts are going to be off the richter embarrassing.

19 clubs.

Carlo failing to improve us was a failure.

It's been three games but we're improved thus far. If in May we can say we are honestly better at playing football than we were in May of 2021 then it will have been a good season. We need to stop this Europe or bust attitude.
I understand that setting too high standards is unrealistic but te reason we want European football is twofold firstly that we will increase the income and broaden the reputation (Hopefully) and secondly to attract better players because of the first reason.

Europe would be some result from Rafael. It would automatically make him our best manager since Moyes.

Hes had an incredible start but Carlo had a decent start and that went downhill very quickly after Christmas.

We get outspent by 19 clubs. Unbeaten in his first 4 games. Winning 3. 3 of the games have been away.

Its been desperate stuff from the defeated but christ you just know they're biggest moment of embarrassment has yet to come. As when we eventually lose they will pathetically be on here giving it large. They have been gagging for it and they won't care how ridiculous they are going to look.

I cant wait till we get beat. The shouts are going to be off the richter embarrassing.

19 clubs.
Sometimes on here it makes me feel like Paul Whitehouse in that fast show sketch, the fella in the pub who agrees with everyone regardless of side.
One minute I'm nodding with nsnoChris, then nodding to foreverblue and you death. I seriously can't decide what side of the Benitez fence my arse splinters have sympathy with.

Why can't we all just agree, we are Everton fans and we all want success, It really shouldn't matter how we get it..or with who.
I want Europe, Our side when playing well can give any team a real good game, it's consistently we need and if it has to be Benitez that can produce that, produce better than Ancelotti managed, it has to be seen as success.
Then again...
The summer window was a washout but we have kept the team that finished 10th last season so realistically we will probably finish there again, It's a team game, we have a solid first team, we can all agree on that, it's injuries that will kill us, just as it did under Ancelotti, We haven't improved our squad with depth and that's what could really hamper Benitez this season...unless he pulls his red card and we become a lucky side for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back