2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I mean you clearly don't, because you say you want him sacked. Makes your credit pretty worthless don't you think?

Also, blaming him for Yerry Mina being made of glass is just mental.
Mina was in bloody Barcelona on Wednesday getting treatment? Why was he rushed back in? can't blame Donnachie, he was sacked by Benitez.

Yeah I want the manager sacked because I think he's crap. But he was going to stay whether he won or lost tonight because our lunatic owner has nailed his flag to the mast so I wanted us to win today, as I said before the game.

Those attacking options have been in place for the last 6 weeks bar Doucoure and Gomes.

Gomes isn't so amazing that he changed the game because of his quality. He changed the game because it changed the shape. We've had three midfielders to pick from every week for the last two months.

Which is why we couldn't play the three. We simply didn't have the players.

It'd have been Gbamin or Davies or someone daft and a square, broken peg in a round hole.

Honestly its a bit of a mix of both and that's football at times. I feel the team really tried and had really good spells were we looked good but there were moments where we probably got a tad lucky too. Think the players definitely deserve credit at the very least. Benitez needs to go 433 next game before I give him credit.

Yeah I'm saying 70% A and 30% B. Lot's of pressure on us tonight and the character to come from a goal down in that scenario can't be understated, against anyone.

Got a snaeaky feeling though he will immediately go back to 4-4-1-1 against Palace though, sadly.

Which is why we couldn't play the three. We simply didn't have the players.

It'd have been Gbamin or Davies or someone daft and a square, broken peg in a round hole.
Delph, Doucoure and Allan have been fit for the past two games, both against teams who played three man midfields and walked all over us in that area of the pitch.

He played three in midfield against Spurs with Townsend in there and that was the only game we didn't have 3 CMs available for, then he changed it to 4411 again for City, Brentford and Liverpool.

Now he's got the players fit then there is no excuse. He didn't start it again today, did he.

Too soon?
Untitled-11.webp

Yeah I'm saying 70% A and 30% B. Lot's of pressure on us tonight and the character to come from a goal down in that scenario can't be understated, against anyone.

Got a snaeaky feeling though he will immediately go back to 4-4-1-1 against Palace though, sadly.
Until Dom is back we need 3 men in MF. Palace are playing well too so won't be a walk over

Fair enough, they worked hard and earned that tonight. This needs to be the start.
I think - and I've agreed with Benitez on this - they've worked hard in most games.

City aside, they're miles better than us, I think they've been badly set up in every game though. Today Benitez got the second half right. I'm happy to credit him for that. I want him to do that next game because it's so, so clear that it's needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back