2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We were crap until Gomes came on.

Shockingly a change of shape equals us actually looking decent.

Not like people who aren't highly paid footy managers haven't been saying it for weeks.

I don't think we'll get lucky enough to play such an abjectly bad 'top six' team again mind. Arsenal were awful.
I don't think they were awful and that's unfair on our players who actually bust a gut and at times made Arsenal look awful. We got lucky at the end with Auba being off form I'll admit.

I really feel like Benitez _______________________________________________________________ there tonight.

(A) ...did well to get our intensity up and his decision to finally go 3 in midfield paid off

(B) ...was very lucky Arsenal didn't score again and was absolutely bailed out by a worldy

You literally said this about gomes on Wednesday: "Gomes and Davies aren’t for and even if they were they’re both completely and utterly useless."

You act like him being injured this season has been a big loss now that he has had a good 20 mins. Gray has been fit all season. Richie been back for weeks same as doucoure.

No I’m not. A fully fit motivated Gomes in top form is useful to Everton. We haven’t ever seen him though since the Silva days. He is still a better option to have on the bench from an attacking perspective than any other of our midfielders though.

It’s not rocket science. The manager has more options to win games when he has his best players fit in the starting line up and some options off the bench. When he’s not got his best players fit, and a lack of options off the bench, it’s a lot harder to win games.

It was in direct response to ‘that’s what happens when you don’t start Iwobi and Rondon’

Neither are his first choice if he has other options. It’s an absolutely bizarre criticism when we have multiple injuries and there are barely any options available to the manager.
There are now.

He hampered himself in defence tonight trying to make a point with the Digne sub. That means Mina was rushed back, evidently, and will now be out probably for Xmas.

Cutting his nose off to spite his face.

The second half was much better, first half was insipid

The ground was rocking at the end. Every single Everton fan enjoying the win getting right behind the club and cheering the team to victory.

Then you have proper little forum weirdos who can't help but have an agenda to the point where you can't even enjoy an absolute screamer in injury time to give us a much needed win. Enjoy the win lad, life isn't always about scoring points on a forum.

na mate we’re all thrilled we’ve won but it doesn’t change that we need change

Because he was being shoehorned in.

We changed to 433 when Gomes came on. It opened up space down the left channel and Gray became much more involved - which is where both goals come from of course.
My guess is when DCL gets healthy we see Townsend right, Gray left and those two through the center. And it'll probably mostly fine as it was early in the year. Not exciting but it is what it is.

There are now.

He hampered himself in defence tonight trying to make a point with the Digne sub. That means Mina was rushed back, evidently, and will now be out probably for Xmas.

Cutting his nose off to spite his face.

The second half was much better, first half was insipid

And we won. QED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back