2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We were crap until Gomes came on.

Shockingly a change of shape equals us actually looking decent.

Not like people who aren't highly paid footy managers haven't been saying it for weeks.

I don't think we'll get lucky enough to play such an abjectly bad 'top six' team again mind. Arsenal were awful.
We were crap because of where he had Townsend positioned. I think if it is DCL and Richarlison through the middle we're fine.

I think the sub was as much about getting a poor player off as the shape. The 4-4-2 type system won't be going away soon.

No Doucoure or Gomes and that doesn’t happen even with Richarlison and Gray fit. None of them available and that’s an earth shattering loss.

‘Injuries don’t matter though’
You literally said this about gomes on Wednesday: "Gomes and Davies aren’t for and even if they were they’re both completely and utterly useless."

You act like him being injured this season has been a big loss now that he has had a good 20 mins. Gray has been fit all season. Richie been back for weeks same as doucoure.

It wasn't a bad first half. Far from it. We fought for it, just the same old lack of quality.

I don't know what you think our left back is good at, but he hasn't been good at it for the past 2 years.

I can't take your opinion seriously when you want the manager sacked after 4 months in charge.
It was a poor half, both teams. I said at HT, I don't think we deserved to be behind, and were unlucky with the offside goal but nothing was created.

I want the manager sacked because we'd gone a quarter of a league season with one win pal. And I know, because I watch a lot of footy, that he has not been setting us up right. It is simple, simple stuff that he's been getting wrong. I am of the firm belief he is the wrong choice based on his last five years as a manager, and I worry about the direction of the club given he has full power.

However, when he does good things, I credit him. And in that second half he did, he changed the shape. So next game, let's go with this shape?

As for Digne, his stupidity with that, his need to show authority, has cost us Mina tonight, and he'll probably miss Christmas. That's on Benitez. And for as good as we were in the second half, we should have conceded two and were very very fortunate, but you need luck and we got it tonight with those misses, having had bad luck with Richy's second disallowed goal.

You literally said this about gomes on Wednesday: "Gomes and Davies aren’t for and even if they were they’re both completely and utterly useless."

You act like him being injured this season has been a big loss now that he has had a good 20 mins. Gray has been fit all season. Richie been back for weeks same as doucoure.
He's tied himself up

We were crap because of where he had Townsend positioned. I think if it is DCL and Richarlison through the middle we're fine.

I think the sub was as much about getting a poor player off as the shape. The 4-4-2 type system won't be going away soon.
Because he was being shoehorned in.

We changed to 433 when Gomes came on. It opened up space down the left channel and Gray became much more involved - which is where both goals come from of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back