2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No it wasnt
James was not considered by their manager the days before deadline day.

They ( as they usually do ) left it too late after hours of talks only for Porto to up the price of his buyout €68 mil

Nearly all transfers are conducted this way now , its defered payment that the Prem allows ,still goes on the books.

No money ....My Ass.

Out of the 20 clubs we had the lowest spend.

There was no money in the pot this summer. You can kick and scream about the manager next season when he's spent a bit of coin but until then sit back and marvel at him overacheiving finishing top half or so working with a relegation sides transfer budget.

Out of the 20 clubs we had the lowest spend.

There was no money in the pot this summer. You can kick and scream about the manager next season when he's spent a bit of coin but until then sit back and marvel at him overacheiving finishing top half or so working with a relegation sides transfer budget.
We will finish twelfth, you may marvel at a home win v Southampton or an away v Brighton. He was expected to win those games.

We will finish twelfth, you may marvel at a home win v Southampton or an away v Brighton. He was expected to win those games.

Only by fans who are still living in the days of Moyes where there was a gulf between us in 7th and the 13 sides below us.

Nowadays most games in this league are tough and certainly no banker wins. Reality is we've got an average squad and signed 3 squad players who are decent but not top 7 quality.

Other clubs around the european spots strengthened much more such as Chelsea, Utd, Spurs, West Ham, Villa, Leicester etc.

Every long journey begins ..............Have faith in the club.
I get that which is why I'm saying we should start the journey with something we can control easily and that's how good our team is at playing football. Whether players want to come here or not is a long and treacherous road. It shouldn't be our focus. We can find good players by being in the PL and paying well, Europe or no.

Tactically, he's probably the best manager in the league, an excellent chess player. If the players are fit and on board, than even Man City wil be content with a point at Goodison.
Just let the man work.
I'm not so sure about that. As i said before he had players like Torres Alonso and Mascherano in that rs side of his, and yet he still couldn't win the league with those players, and finished 7th in his final season. In fact Sir Alex Ferguson, caused the so called master tactician to mentally implode. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back