Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look
We’ve had injuries to our most important players
Our squad is rubbish
Having 2 players out hamstrings us no end
No wonder we have struggled.
People still criticising are not seeing the bigger picture
I agree that he’s stubborn and his team selection at times I disagree with but come on comparing him with BFS is ridiculous
Has the manager wasted 50m on Walcott and Cenk???
also when Sam started he has an easy fixture list as all the better teams we had already played.

It wasn't a crisis. It was slightly unlucky but its very normal to have 3 starters out injured.

I think your agenda came through in this post!

I'm giving the guy a full season before I judge him within the context of having had no money to spend. (sorry 1.7m .... wow)

I don't love Benitez, I'm not a fan. I'm just someone who wants our club to do well.

I find it hilarious that the haters try framing anyone who is giving the manager a 'fair' chance as extremist RS fans who love Benitez.

Calling Evertonians who want us to win RS while hoping 'we' lose?

What great fans you are.

Digne’s defending has been suspect for ages. Far too many crosses come in from that side and he doesn’t have the recovery pace to deal with being out of position. Against Liverpool if Godfrey was playing right back or left back then the Salah goals don’t happen, simple as that, as he would have the recovery pace to get back in both situations before Salah could finish.

The question then becomes is what he gives us in attack of more benefit to the team than his defensive lapses and for ke that’s a resounding no, his crosses are getting worse and worse.

The argument now seems to be that we need to create a system for him where he doesn’t have to defend and he can just attack all game. That’s not a fullback for me, just seems to be a convenient excuse for a pop at the manager.

Digne hasn’t been at his best for a very long time and most people realistically know that.

Digne’s defending has been suspect for ages. Far too many crosses come in from that side and he doesn’t have the recovery pace to deal with being out of position. Against Liverpool if Godfrey was playing right back or left back then the Salah goals don’t happen, simple as that, as he would have the recovery pace to get back in both situations before Salah could finish.

Digne hasn’t been at his best for a very long time and most people realistically know that.
Look at the Leeds game, when we went off at half time he was getting stick from other players for letting Leeds walk past him

I'm giving the guy a full season before I judge him within the context of having had no money to spend. (sorry 1.7m .... wow)

I don't love Benitez, I'm not a fan. I'm just someone who wants our club to do well.

I find it hilarious that the haters try framing anyone who is giving the manager a 'fair' chance as extremist RS fans who love Benitez.

Calling Evertonians who want us to win RS while hoping 'we' lose?

What great fans you are.
I can assure I dont want to lose, nor do I like losing. I just dont agree with Benitez tactics or his management style and the results suggest its outdated and ineffective.

‘Huge injury crisis’? We should have found a way to get points without our striker. Mina has always missed lots of games.

I could link you to all the articles in the media that use the term 'injury crisis' in relation to our season but I can't be bothered as apparently, according to you, the media don't know what an injury crisis is and yet you do.

Ok, then ....

The question then becomes is what he gives us in attack of more benefit to the team than his defensive lapses and for ke that’s a resounding no, his crosses are getting worse and worse.

The argument now seems to be that we need to create a system for him where he doesn’t have to defend and he can just attack all game. That’s not a fullback for me, just seems to be a convenient excuse for a pop at the manager.

Nailed it…..

Honestly couldn't give a [Poor language removed] if Digne plays or not, Brands had to go as did his staff as probably did the doctor and medical guys. You can hold those beliefs abd still believe that handing it all over to that clown Benitez is the biggest mistake of the last 27 years. Everything that was predicted is starting to come true, mayhem behind the scenes, falling out with players, tactical ineptness that has lead to one win in 12, were all easy to predict. The next lot is easy to predict too, absolute garbage brought in to replace our only decent players. Mina to Newcastle in January, Digne to Chelsea, DcL and Richarlison gone in the summer, all the while we play 442 all the way to the championship. That may not happen this season but only Stevie Wonder cannot see its the inevitable long term outcome of putting a guy in charge who hasnt been relevant in 10+ years and whose style of play, tactical accum and man management reflect just that. I hope those who back him have the good grace to hold up their hands when the day comes and say, sorry I contributed to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back