Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Conclusion

People that try to frame a manager as bad by judging him 15 games in, after a huge injury crisis and having had only 1.7m to spend have agendas. ;)
He knew what the terms and conditions were when he signed up. Yeah we'll excuse one win two months, because of injuries and having nothing to spend. Get off the stage lad. I do have an agenda indeed. Love for Everton is my agenda, and that love for Everton, means that i cannot accept this man as manager. An actual Everton fan, wouldn't need to have this explained to them.;)

Let's be completely honest here though.. Digne has been well below par for ages now, even pre Benitez.
The unacknowledged truth is that even "our better players" are well below par for a club with aspirations/delusions of cracking the top four. People set up the likes of Digne as one of our better players as if that means something. The problem is that bar is set so low. The reason why we are in such a mess is that "even our better players" have been consistently crap for a significant period of time now - and in ways that go beyond "tactics" or "formation." None of them are worth defending.

He could have simply dropped Digne to the bench and said he was giving him a 'rest'.

Then his valuation wouldnt be impacted.

If he had watched the team last season as he claimed then he could have moved players on in the summer.

Thats what I have been saying.

Unless, a deal is already agreed.
Maybe he asked Brands...we don't know. Maybe Iwobi being the best trainer skill wise and power wise has fooled another manager. Summer is for assessment and knew he had limited funds unless Brands did his job. It was news that Delph was on his way out but no offers for him (news is to take with a pinch of salt as mostly fabricated but selective if it can be used against the manager). Benitez has to go with what he has and he hasn't had a lot considering the main players have been missing for large chunks of the season.

Everronians; ‘we need a manager who can stand up to these sh1thouses’
Also Evertonians; ‘how dare the manager drop players who are questioning him’

He knew what the terms and conditions were when he signed up. Yeah we'll excuse one win two months, because of injuries and having nothing to spend. Get off the stage lad. I do have an agenda indeed. Love for Everton is my agenda, and that love for Everton, means that i cannot accept this man as manager. An actual Everton fan, wouldn't need to have this explained to them.;)
I don't need anything explained by you, thanks.

Maybe he asked Brands...we don't know. Maybe Iwobi being the best trainer skill wise and power wise has fooled another manager. Summer is for assessment and knew he had limited funds unless Brands did his job. It was news that Delph was on his way out but no offers for him (news is to take with a pinch of salt as mostly fabricated but selective if it can be used against the manager). Benitez has to go with what he has and he hasn't had a lot considering the main players have been missing for large chunks of the season.

Thats the thing though...I dont believe that there can be an argument for:

A: Benitez not having a larger budget

B: Benitez being 'stuck' with certain players.

Unless I stuck Benitez on a lie detector and asked if he had tried to sell Digne, Mina, Keane, Holgate, Kenny, Gomes, Gbamin, Iwobi, Tosun etc etc...

...id find it hard to believe he pushed for anyone to be sold aside from James and Delph.

Fairly or unfairly he'll need to do some very positive business in January to not only improve the squad but garner some positivity with the fanbase.

If he sells players then he's got to bring in u23 aged high potential players. Anything else and logic starts to flatline.

I'm giving the guy a full season before I judge him within the context of having had no money to spend. (sorry 1.7m .... wow)

I don't love Benitez, I'm not a fan. I'm just someone who wants our club to do well.

I find it hilarious that the haters try framing anyone who is giving the manager a 'fair' chance as extremist RS fans who love Benitez.

Calling Evertonians who want us to win RS while hoping 'we' lose?

What great fans you are.
Name names or don’t throw out wild accusations

That Everton probably doesn't exist any more.

Who or what are we currently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back