Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He certainly looked to have lost the players until the Arsenal game.

Im sure he gets the window barring a massively horrific run between now and January.

This guy will need to make several moves to impove the squad and impress the fanbase.
Thing is did it look like he had lost them? They were still giving it everything but losing on fine margines, well apart from the Derby, we havent exactly been rolling over, just getting beat.

Either way lets hope Arsenal was a turning point

Thing is did it look like he had lost them? They were still giving it everything but losing on fine margines, well apart from the Derby, we havent exactly been rolling over, just getting beat.

the players - well 2 of them - Richarlison and Gray - turned it on in the last 10 minutes in the Arsenal game. End of story.

Had there been a rightful red card early on, we would have lost.

name me which one deserved not to be sacked in the end?

I didnt complain about moyes btw, he was the only one who should have stayed.

Well that depends on multiple things doesnt it - like if 12-18 months is enough to judge a manager, if the DOF not replacing Lukaku, Gana and Zouma gave the managers a tough task in keeping results consistent etc.

You've been crying over Benitez since day 1 and couldn't even enjoy a dramatic injury time winner against Arsenal because you're that balls deep in your agenda that the manager is the worst of all time.

No one can take you seriously Kevin you're too far gone mate lol

We know none of that is going to happen - he has no transfer acumen, as proved over several years, and now he hasnt even got a scouting department left after he has fired everyone.

I shudder to think what kind of 'gems' he is going to rustle up in January.

These new acquistions will be on 3-5 year contracts - because that is the norm in a heavily unionsed, closed shop player environment.

These players cannot be fired at will, as you can a manager.

This window has the possibility of crippling us for a decade to come, given our existing problems.

I predict that we will look back on the Benitez reign as being orders of magnitutde worse than Walsh/Koeman.

We'll have to see but i actually perhaps foolishly believe i could do better in the transfer window of highlighting players.

Yes. The City game they looked destroyed before the game started.

Worse effort than anything ive seen since perhaps Mike Walker days, if not before.

It works both ways.

You are annoyed at other fans having a pop at your "side" yet want to take a pop at those not on your "side"?

Bit hypocritical isn't it?

I know who my anger is pointed towards and it certainly is not either "side".

Not hating the manager doesn't equate to being his fan. That's what the haters need to comprehend.

People trying to pretend they are judging him fairly when it's obvious they're not just makes them look stupid.

Fair enough, if you don't like him or want him as manager, just say that's why you want him gone.

I don't recall myself telling anyone they're not an actual fan on here.

Already been told that by a hater today and seen many others being called RS if they don't agree with the hate towards Benitez.

I think the extra bit which got the team over the line on Monday was a lot to do with the atmosphere after having 2 goals disallowed.
We will get a much clearer indication today of what this team is actually thinking.

Well that depends on multiple things doesnt it - like if 12-18 months is enough to judge a manager, if the DOF not replacing Lukaku, Gana and Zouma gave the managers a tough task in keeping results consistent etc.

You've been crying over Benitez since day 1 and couldn't even enjoy a dramatic injury time winner against Arsenal because you're that balls deep in your agenda that the manager is the worst of all time.

No one can take you seriously Kevin you're too far gone mate lol
you know what mate, you're right, we should have kept faith Koeman, Silva, Martinez - apart from the fact we were hurtling down the table (relegation zone with Koeman and Silva) - and that 90% of the fans wanted them gone.

And 2 wins in 12 is fine now - except for the fact that basically every single club in the premier league would have fired their manager for such a run!

And I'm the outlier now?

The absolute irony.

2 WINS IN 12 - you havent got a leg to stand on.

Yes. The City game they looked destroyed before the game started.

Worse effort than anything ive seen since perhaps Mike Walker days, if not before.

Strange how a team can looked destroyed at the thought of playing city, I mean it's only Manchester City, there not exactly good are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back