Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you know what mate, you're right, we should have kept faith Koeman, Silva, Martinez - apart from the fact we were hurtling down the table (relegation zone with Koeman and Silva) - and that 90% of the fans wanted them gone.

And 2 wins in 12 is fine now - except for the fact that basically every single club in the premier league would have fired their manager for such a run!

And I'm the outlier now?

The absolute irony.

2 WINS IN 12 - you havent got a leg to stand on.

Not every club has no money, only spent 1.7m in the transfer window and had really bad injuries in the first part of the season though.

You can take anything out of context and try painting a picture that suits your view.

He needs a season before people draw any conclusions, given the circumstances at the club.

All the other managers you mentioned were backed with money. He hasn't been so stop trying to paint it as a like for like comparison.

you know what mate, you're right, we should have kept faith Koeman, Silva, Martinez - apart from the fact we were hurtling down the table (relegation zone with Koeman and Silva) - and that 90% of the fans wanted them gone.

And 2 wins in 12 is fine now - except for the fact that basically every single club in the premier league would have fired their manager for such a run!

And I'm the outlier now?

The absolute irony.

2 WINS IN 12 - you havent got a leg to stand on.

The question is would Koeman have struggled had we replaced Lukaku and spent that £150 million wisely on good players? probably not.

Would Silva have struggled with a Lukaku replacement in addition to a good enough replacement for Gana & Zouma? As much as I didn't rate Silva probably not.

Thats the problem with you Kevin - you live in a world of black and white.

The question is would Koeman have struggled had we replaced Lukaku and spent that £150 million wisely on good players? probably not.

Would Silva have struggled with a Lukaku replacement in addition to a good enough replacement for Gana & Zouma? As much as I didn't rate Silva probably not.

well you are defending the indefensible, in my view. 'Had Koeman done this', 'had Silva done that' ffs.

Keeping Koeman and Silva - I guarantee that is very much a minority view, depiste your revisionist attempts to suggest they were hard done by,

Strange how a team can looked destroyed at the thought of playing city, I mean it's only Manchester City, there not exactly good are they?

Yes it is strange.

What team under a motivational maestro would go out to not tackle, stand off players and look frightened and defeated against a top class side?

Its a game for players to look forward to playing and to test themselves against quality.

Instead they looked ruined before the game.

Thats on the manager.

This is going to be a big difference for Benitez though I think. If hes in charge of recruitment, and spends money, he is going to struggle to have that defence IMO.

If that's what hes after, it's a bold move.

Yes it is strange.

What team under a motivational maestro would go out to not tackle, stand off players and look frightened and defeated against a top class side?

Its a game for players to look forward to playing and to test themselves against quality.

Instead they looked ruined before the game.

Thats on the manager.
I see, so like wise Monday is on the manager also right?

I see, so like wise Monday is on the manager also right?

Put feelings aside and we can see that Monday is an anomaly compared to recent games...of which many have been a disaster in terms of performance, tactics and results.

We will need to see a repeat high energy performance against Palace before the dots can be joined and we can say something is now clicking in back to back games.

Hopefully hes turned a corner and hopefully we get 3pts later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back